For a Thai citizen entering Thailand, does it make any difference whether they are vaccinated or unvaccinated?

From my understanding, Thai citizens entering Thailand simply need to show a valid passport upon entry to Thailand: if they are unvaccinated, their Thai passport is still enough to enter Thailand, just like for vaccinated Thai citizens. Is that correct?

A Thai national does not require a Thailand pass or proof of being vaccinated when entering the country.

Note: A inflammatory off topic post and the expected reply to it has been removed and then one post with false info has been removed. 

• Like 1

https://tp.consular.go.th/home : unvaccinated Thai citizens must bring a COVID-19 RT-PCR or Professional ATK test result issued within 72 hours before departure:

Starting 1 June 2022, Thai nationals (Thai passport holders) are no longer required to register on Thailand Pass and may enter Thailand without quarantine or COVID-19 tests upon arrival. However, they must bring either their certificate of vaccination or, if unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated, a COVID-19 RT-PCR or Professional ATK test result issued within 72 hours before departure.

7 hours ago, FARANG KIWI said:

Thai Wife entered at Swampy last week on her Expired Thai Passport.

She had a Thai Pass however was no longer required.

There are special Lines at Thai Pass control for Thai Passport holders to enter via......

No issues..... at all.

My Thai stepdaughter with Thai passport  (she’d already got her pass) arrives next week with her English boyfriend. Is there any dispensation for him to accompany her through the channel she would be allocated as a Thai or do they have to enter separately? 

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

My Thai stepdaughter with Thai passport  (she’d already got her pass) arrives next week with her English boyfriend. Is there any dispensation for him to accompany her through the channel she would be allocated as a Thai or do they have to enter separately? 

Yes. I was welcomed to accompany my wife in the Thai Passports only queue.

Just had to show my Thai Pass ( took all of 3 minutes )

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

. Is there any dispensation for him to accompany her through the channel she would be allocated as a Thai or do they have to enter separately?

Many farang do as you describe.

I'm in a long relationship (not married) and travel (pre covid) a LOT. 

Personally I never use the thai lane.