Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

coconut season

Hi everyone,

My ex wife share a coconut business with her new boyfriend, she said he makes around 600 000 per month in Ratchaburi by buying coconuts from farmers and reselling them.

But this month there is a problem apparently and there is no coconuts, she said that there is coconut all year round but I heard that there is some months with high production and some with very low production. So is there some sort of coconut season?

• Confused 1

The wife says they is no coconut season ,I could well agree ,the few palms we have produce all the year round.

I would say they are having a supply problem ,with the cost of fuel  ,a lot of sellers are holding back ,or the ones that come from a long way ,ie the south of Thailand where they are a lot of coconuts finding it not viable to send coconuts a long distance,most that I have seen are hauled by pick up. 

Is that right? 600K month wife says one coconut sells for about 25 baht? 24 000 coconuts/month,that is a lot of nuts 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kickstart said:

The wife says they is no coconut season ,I could well agree ,the few palms we have produce all the year round.

I would say they are having a supply problem ,with the cost of fuel  ,a lot of sellers are holding back ,or the ones that come from a long way ,ie the south of Thailand where they are a lot of coconuts finding it not viable to send coconuts a long distance,most that I have seen are hauled by pick up. 

Is that right? 600K month wife says one coconut sells for about 25 baht? 24 000 coconuts/month,that is a lot of nuts 

She said they get it all from Ratchaburi where there is a lot of coconut farm. He just buy from the farm, take the flesh out and resell it. He has around 30 workers doing this every day. Just wonder why he says there is nothing in June