Chinese Firm Given 60 Days To Confirm German Engine For S26T Sub

webfact

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Ah, the matter is about to be 'smoothed' 

I am guessing here but perhaps the suggested alternative CHD620 is an exact Chinese copy of the German MTU396 perhaps ?  And if it is then that would provide for the RTN's budget for the MTUs being twice that required of the CHD620 cost hence facilitating an of  the balance sheet contribution of the savings to the RTNs senior personal welfare trusts in the BVI or Cayman Islands.   A win win all round ????

Edited by Excel

60 days to offer a much bigger back hander to accept a crappy chinese engine that is untested by any navy, will probably fall apart very quickly requiring way too much maintenance which is something thais are not good at or even do

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

Both parties looking for a face saving way out without falling out and all the dirty payments being laid bare. So much public scrutiny on this now. Surely someone in charge of multi billion dollar procurement for armed forces should be aware of embargos between nations. As far as I am aware this embargoe goea back 30 years so not even surw how the Chinese builder even thougjt they could use these enginea. Or perhaps they never thought anyone would bother looking.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

A CHINESE SUBMARINE builder is being given a 60-day timeframe to officially confirm whether or not a German-made engine will be installed aboard the Yuan-class S26T submarine currently being built for the Thai navy (...)

What's wrong with China-made engines? I heard, they now give 14-day guarantees... ????

Edited by StayinThailand2much

16 hours ago, Excel said:

I am guessing here but perhaps the suggested alternative CHD620 is an exact Chinese copy of the German MTU396 perhaps ?  And if it is then that would provide for the RTN's budget for the MTUs being twice that required of the CHD620 cost hence facilitating an of  the balance sheet contribution of the savings to the RTNs senior personal welfare trusts in the BVI or Cayman Islands.   A win win all round ????

Deutz design

Built under licence in China.

This is hilarious. Were they really stupid to believe the German government would allow the Chinese to buy those engines for submarines? It’s a classic bait and switch and they can’t cancel the order because they’ve already spent the massive commissions.

• Like 1