Tourist Visa To Us

I need some help on bringing my GF to the states for a short visit to the states. She owns a house and has some money in the bank, but realy does not have a job. She lives in her village and I support her. What do her and I need to do for her to get a tourist Visa. I appreciate any help on this subject. If another forum already has this info please direct me.

Thanks

TSOCR

I need some help on bringing my GF to the states for a short visit to the states. She owns a house and has some money in the bank, but realy does not have a job. She lives in her village and I support her. What do her and I need to do for her to get a tourist Visa. I appreciate any help on this subject. If another forum already has this info please direct me.

Thanks

TSOCR

I'll at least get this thread started for you. It's not just a cut and dry answer. What she will have to do is to convince (prove) to the american consulars that she has reason to come back to Thailand and not "disappear" in the states.

How old is she? Has she a passport? Has she made any other international trips (HK, Singapore, etc)? Family? Family have a business, income, etc. These are some of the things that could work in your favor or not.

Are you in Thailand at the moment? You can go to the embassy/consulate and get the current requirements.

We (wife and I) know of several people that used "agencies" to help coordinate all the paperwork requirements. Costs I believe range from 3-5,000 baht. You (or she) can do it all herself, I can't really say if it's worth the cost.

Hope this helps.

Here is the FAQ from the consulate web site that shows you the process. If you look around there is also a page about documentation. You don't say if you live in Thailand or not. IMHO this will be crucial to getting approval. If you have live in and have ties to Thailand and can prove her ties to you, it will stand a good chance of approval. If you live in the US, it will be hard to convince them you are not short circuiting the immigrant visa process by trying to get a tourist visa.

You don't need an agency, They make no difference in success for failure and don’t believe them if they try to say so.

TH