Elon Musk's child seeks name change to reflect gender identity

Scott

Elon Musk's child seeks name change to reflect gender identity and severe ties with father

“I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form," Musk's daughter said. A petition for a name change and new birth certificate reflecting her gender identity was filed in April.

Elon Musk’s transgender daughter has filed a request to change her name in accordance with her gender identity and because “I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form.”

The petition for both a name change and a new birth certificate reflecting her gender identity was filed with the Los Angeles County Superior Court in Santa Monica in April.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/elon-musks-child-seeks-name-change-reflect-gender-identity-sever-ties-rcna34479

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Why is it she and her, and not he and his?

He's only applied for a change of name and birth certificate. He's still a dude.

She identifies as a female. Are you so mean spirited that you would deny her that? I really don't get the toxic hostility to transgender people. They are being used as political footballs by right wing demagogues such as DeSantis. People of good will need to FIGHT BACK. 

It's not a matter of woke or anti-woke. It's a matter of basic human decency, respect, and compassion for people that are different. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Troll and unsubstantiated claims reported and removed.  Unless someone has credible evidence showing that this person has or has not transitioned or is in process of transitioning do not make such allegations.

I found this story, as written, very confusing.

It's actually about Elron Musk's 18 year old son who has decided to be a female.

I'm OK with people choosing their own sexuality, but I'd like to be clear on the start and end points if they want to publicise their choices.