Three, or more, Reasons why: The Farang Pub Forum has been the Right Move for Me....

Dear Friends,

(All the many wonderful friends I have met here)

Here are the reasons I post on The Farang Pub, a forum which has become ever more near and dear to my heart....than most of you might imagine.

Although I must admit that I did not appreciate nor understand the Farang Pub at the time I first joined this group, I have come to love it.

My only hope is that, through my infrequent postings, I have not embarrassed myself, too infrequently.

Embarrassing oneself is the true spice of life.

Posting on the Farang Pub, in my opinion, is a privilege which I have done my best to not abuse.

Although I am not blind, physically, I still understand that I may be metaphorically blind in some minor respects concerning what I should write and should not write.

Yet, I do my best, which is as much as one can be expected to do in this life.

I have done my best to maintain a happy medium between what I would like to write and what I think I should write and what others would prefer me to write.

Additionally, I feel that it is only through the continued contributions of other young writers, similar to me, that we can keep our community vibrant and pertinent to the needs of all, and especially, meet the needs of the metaphorically blind and deaf readers of our membership, although I am sure there are none here.

I would like to leave you with my personal prognostication concerning the longevity of this useful forum:

If we keep on keeping on, then in the far distant future, our Farang Forum will remain just as pertinent in the year 2122, as it absolutely is this evening, June 27, 2022, 17:49 hours.

Keep on keeping on.

Regards,

Gamma

• Sad 2

One of the few things I have missed, almost daily and nightly, after joining this forum, is not being able to wear a well-tailored suit, and coordinated ties, à la Pacino, in Scent of a Woman.

image.jpeg.613efaa5563122b6c4bcabc5f242453b.jpeg

Yeah, Man....

The Prep School milieu has always suited me well.

And, this is really the only thing that I have missed after moving to the Farang Pub.

In Thailand, I don't have a tailored shirt, let alone a tie. IIRC, the last time I wore a suit was to someone's funeral in Australia about 15 years ago.

Personally, I've always felt more comfortable in a white laboratory coat, although if I wore one here the plod would drag me away for not having a work permit.

I've always thought GG's musings are the result of his choice of celibacy.

26 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

oh geez, I went to a prep school and came out of it never wanting to wear a jacket and tie again... have not owned one of either in many years... 

Just out of casual curiosity:

How many times per month do you shave in the mornings before venturing forth?

53 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Just out of casual curiosity:

How many times per month do you shave in the mornings before venturing forth?

Per month? No idea

Most every day that I go into town... local errands, usually not. 

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Per month? No idea

Most every day that I go into town... local errands, usually not. 

SMILE

Just one of two reasons I shave every morning is to less look like Peck's Bad Boy...

image.jpeg.6480cf548e2f3d0fa8205ef80a7d624d.jpeg

Edited by GammaGlobulin

2 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Thank you for worrying about whether or not what you write is what I want to hear. That's a very unique stance to take.

I can see someone teeing up a "You tink too much" in response.

In fact, if anything I have written on this forum rubs anyone the wrong way, something which has been most definitely unintentional, on my part...

Then, Jenny said it best for me...when she stated the following: