What Do Thai Girls Offer Us?

cosa

in thai culture man is the bread winner..he pays for everything, is this true? if u have poor thai gf u pay! if u have hi so gf u pay to? it dont matter what type of girl u have u are expected to pay? thai who have never been to farang country just think all farang are rich? what about those who are not, can they provide everything for the thai women? are thai women really worth it if this the case?

Where I come from, if you're dating a girl, you pay, period!!

However, I am an old fogie who's outlook on these things is at least 30 years out of date.

I pay for everything for my wife, she looks after me and all my needs :o

My Thai fella always insists on paying. It's difficult, as I know I make more money, but he says, "I'm the man, I pay". So I let him pay for things in public, but try to pay for other things, like bringing food back from the shop.

It's strange for me, as my ex (English guy) never treated me. We always had to go halves, for everything. The only time he treated me to a meal was on my birthday.

what a stupid post.....Hey, cosa, you're on the wrong forum....Go and learn a bit about this topic, try to meet real girls , and come back for a post which would not sound so disrespecfull. I am married to a wonderfull Thai woman who is the exact opposite to what you feel,.......

what a stupid post.....Hey, cosa, you're on the wrong forum....Go and learn a bit about this topic, try to meet real girls , and come back for a post which would not sound so disrespecfull. I am married to a wonderfull Thai woman who is the exact opposite to what you feel,.......

WHAT STUPID POST!! Sounds like he is right on target to me. What he is referring to fit the description of around 10 or so "darlings" (and NOT bar girls) that I have met in 3 years here and considered for GF's. Farang pays 100% of the time. Most of the time they ar scheeming to get more for other "needy" family members, etc. In the meantime, the lovelys may have a Thai BF, who goes for free or is freeloading off the money she is milking out of a Farang. Educated and financially independant ladies don't usually desire or need a relationship with a Farang, unless for some reason they want a ticket overseas.

WHAT STUPID POST!! Sounds like he is right on target to me. What he is referring to fit the description of around 10 or so "darlings" (and NOT bar girls) that I have met in 3 years here and considered for GF's. Farang pays 100% of the time. Most of the time they ar scheeming to get more for other "needy" family members, etc. In the meantime, the lovelys may have a Thai BF, who goes for free or is freeloading off the money she is milking out of a Farang. Educated and financially independant ladies don't usually desire or need a relationship with a Farang, unless for some reason they want a ticket overseas.

You clearly are very good at finding the wrong type of Thailady . But to generalise thaiwoman are all like this is wrong . My wife , for example , is not educated but willing to do everything she can to make our living more comfortable , and I know many farang their gf's , who work very hard !

Accounting the woman you have been with , I assume you fall in catogary of the farang who (we thai ladies) can catch (literally) between our legs ....and falling in the trap over and over again .

Maybe staying in the wrong area ? Or is it your attitude ?

I can't believe that you really mean that ! Reading your comment, I can only imagine what kind of guy you are, and the kind of women you met ! I don't want to think that most of farangs who married a Thai woman did it in these condition. Most of the mixed couples I know are far from your description....Poor of you for having met such bad women. But if you care to find a real "normal" woman in Thailand, I bet you will change your way of seeing them ..... Good luck.....

in thai culture man is the bread winner..he pays for everything, is this true? if u have poor thai gf u pay! if u have hi so gf u pay to? it dont matter what type of girl u have u are expected to pay? thai who have never been to farang country just think all farang are rich? what about those who are not, can they provide everything for the thai women? are thai women really worth it if this the case?

Maybe she could give you some English lessons?

Maybe she could give you some English lessons?

Yep, another thing for him to learn !

My Thai fella always insists on paying. It's difficult, as I know I make more money, but he says, "I'm the man, I pay". So I let him pay for things in public, but try to pay for other things, like bringing food back from the shop.

It's strange for me, as my ex (English guy) never treated me. We always had to go halves, for everything. The only time he treated me to a meal was on my birthday.

Sounds like you can't make up your mind what you want.

Just noting the difference ...

I don't need, nor expect, to be treated all the time. I've been brought up to be independent, that's why I felt guilty when he insisted on paying every time.

That aside, it is nice to be treated ... whether you're a man or a woman. A healthy balance in a relationship is good.

That member TIJNEBIJN made an earlier posts that the OP should not generalise......this is the same guy that when we posted a topic about helping a sickly expat made generalisations about that sickly expat being a destitute and should be on the dole or mediacre or that it is a scam. Get a life!

Bendix, where are you when we really need you??

He's recovering from an 'incident' whilst making his way along Shukhumvit. He also lost his wallet :o

Regards

Note Joke, related to a set of threads, just in case anyone doesn't get it.

/edit Note //

Edited by A_Traveller

That member TIJNEBIJN made an earlier posts that the OP should not generalise......this is the same guy that when we posted a topic about helping a sickly expat made generalisations about that sickly expat being a destitute and should be on the dole or mediacre or that it is a scam. Get a life!

A life ...mmmm........ :o ..........You don't get it don't you !

Actually it's a common part of many asian cultures that the man is expected to provide for the wife. Sin Sot is linked to this, traditionally that is the proof to friends and family that you can provide for her as well as or hopefully better than the level she has been brought up in.

Whilst many middle class Thai ladies are happy to pay their way, this is a modern way of thinking, remember it's not long ago that very few females had high paying jobs and on the whole they are still heavily discriminated against in the workplace (arguably this happens throughout most of the world.

So when your wife stops working who is going to support her whilst the childeren are brought up?

Is this that different to the west in a traditional family with 2.4 children? Many mothers go back to work, but more often this is due to lack of finances due to the high level of costs of raising a family in the west.

I hate the way many members link providing for you gf/wife/family somehow implies you are married to a bargirl who is fleecing you.

Learn the culture, accept the differences and realise that after you accept and embrrace them it still works out cheaper than the modern western system,