Thais warned not to take cannabis or hemp products to some countries

webfact

4 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Every night I watch various worldwide airports scanning and searching for cannabis.

So what makes Thais think it's ok to take it abroad ?

Same mindset as expats who say,  but so and so is legal in my country so why not here in Thailand.

Seems to me its perfectly sensible advice, no need for anybody on this forum to criticise the Thai government for giving sensible advice to Thai nationals. Especially following warnings from neighbouring countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Seems to me its perfectly sensible advice, no need for anybody on this forum to criticise the Thai government for giving sensible advice to Thai nationals. Especially following warnings from neighbouring countries.

Yep, neighbouring countries are not going to check the level of 'happy', to them it's just hash and that's it.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It would certainly seem quite ironic to hear the cries from Thai authorities....

...”But why such harsh penalties, Marijuana is not even illegal in our country?”.... 

Of course... not travelling with your dope is a no-brainer... but how many are going to forget that joint in their bag and end up getting strung up for it ?

I know someone who was pulled to one side in New Zealand when one of the dogs hit on their handbag. It had had a couple of brownies in about 2 or 3 months before. Swab inside the bag showed a very small trace amount and only a warning was given.

It's hard to believe, people actually have to be told about travelling internationally with drugs.

Short story, AMS - PHL flight and I was upstairs watching deplaning, standing next to one of the DEA agents.  They checked every flight with dogs downstairs on the bag carousel, before they hit the public baggage area.  The dogs walked over and basically sniffed every bag.

Without fail, one bag at least, would be caught.  All pre ganga being legal in USA.

So I'm standing there, me, DEA, watching, and dude strolls by, tight shirt, with 2 joints in his t-shirt pocket ???? 

Too obvious, too funny.  We just looked at each other and shook our heads.

Yes, people really are that stupid.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Every night I watch various worldwide airports scanning and searching for cannabis.

So what makes Thais think it's ok to take it abroad ?

Lack of Education. we even have a deputy minister who imported heroin to OZ who said it was flour.

• Haha 2

On 6/28/2022 at 11:57 AM, richard_smith237 said:

It would certainly seem quite ironic to hear the cries from Thai authorities....

...”But why such harsh penalties, Marijuana is not even illegal in our country?”.... 

Of course... not travelling with your dope is a no-brainer... but how many are going to forget that joint in their bag and end up getting strung up for it ?

IDIOTS 

13 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It certainly isn't 'hash'.

Nowadays it's just a word that covers all the variants.

Used to be made/sold in the shape of the front part of a sandal pressed into wet soil and when dry was filled with the wet 'hash' and allowed to dry. Called and sold as a sole in north africa or maybe started in turkey.

Edited by overherebc

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Nowadays it's just a word that covers all the variants.

Used to be made/sold in the shape of the front part of a sandal pressed into wet soil and when dry was filled with the wet 'hash' and allowed to dry. Called and sold as a sole in north africa or maybe started in turkey.

No it's not a word used to cover all variants except by the ignorant, young or possibly American. It's like calling beer whisky.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No it's not a word used to cover all variants except by the ignorant, young or possibly American. It's like calling beer whisky.

Please forgive me, I may cry myself to sleep soon.

Accept my humble apologies for not being the oracle when it comes to knowledge of substances that you can smoke, stick up your nose or in your bloodstream. I have probably missed out on the part of my education that would allow me to discuss the finer points of drugs, illegal ones that is.

I cannot imagine anything more boring than sitting listening to latter day hippies discussing the finer points of weed, dope, hash or whatever you want to call it.

PS.

I'm not young and I most certainly am not american.????