Jump to content

Pattaya mayor orders coastal erosion prevention project at Dongtan Beach


snoop1130
 Share

Recommended Posts

S__5226569-641x420.jpg

 

The Pattaya mayor Poramese Ngampiches personally ordered a coastal erosion prevention project at Dongtan Beach, saying a new sewer system would fix flooding problems in the long run.

 

A personal visit by the mayor took place yesterday, June 27th, 2022, after many local business operators reached out to Poramese concerned that Dongtan Beach was critically eroding due to recent relentless rain.

 

According to The Pattaya News reporters, the mayor and a group of city engineers personally inspected the beach to assess the damage. The mayor then directed his staff to use loaders to scope the sand that had previously been washed away from the beach, to replenish the eroding beach. The work took around three hours before completion.

 

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/28/pattaya-mayor-orders-coastal-erosion-prevention-project-at-dongtan-beach/

 

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-28
 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do these people not do their research and just build a few reef barriers as well. We’ll see how this one goes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The mayor then directed his staff to use loaders to scope the sand that had previously been washed away from the beach, to replenish the eroding beach. The work took around three hours before completion.

He solved the disappearing beach syndrome in 3 hours!  My hero.  Has he sacked the resident sand supplier?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the last group of experts managed to syphon off 600 Million Baht on Na Jomtien - keep up the good work then. Erosions do not need sand being trucked in at premium rates, barriers though will do the trick, if an expert looks at the flow of tides. Disadvantage is, that you put the barriers in ONCE and that's it; no repetitive cash outflow from the governmental horn of plenty 😞 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cue major storm when restoration is finished to wash away the beach. Do it properly, or don't bother doing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never ending cycle. Dredge sand- build up beach- install new drainage- Deluge- new drainage doesn't work- sand washed into bay- Dredge sand- etc etc. Keeps construction companies gainfully employed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2022 at 7:19 PM, snoop1130 said:

According to The Pattaya News reporters, the mayor and a group of city engineers personally inspected the beach to assess the damage. The mayor then directed his staff to use loaders to scope the sand that had previously been washed away from the beach, to replenish the eroding beach. The work took around three hours before completion.

A long term solution then?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Never ending cycle. Dredge sand- build up beach- install new drainage- Deluge- new drainage doesn't work- sand washed into bay- Dredge sand- etc etc. Keeps construction companies gainfully employed.

That's right new drainage doesn't work. This is the latest failure at Pattaya Beach South end. Notice the ridge of deposited sand that built up.  This has preventedIMG_20220629_110308.thumb.jpg.ad1518321b44dc40f0dda810a2ecc89e.jpgIMG_20220629_110428.thumb.jpg.c12ff4bc5bd6fe82e4a69500c5db5228.jpgthe gravity flow water drainage and now portable pumps are necessary. 

IMG_20220629_110446.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2022 at 12:55 PM, chilly07 said:

Never ending cycle. Dredge sand- build up beach- install new drainage- Deluge- new drainage doesn't work- sand washed into bay- 

And these failed projects make a mess of the beach. The correct way would have a pumping station directing the water well out into the bay.  And you would have expected this latest drain system to be connected to the pump station right next to the outflow. IMG_20220701_110114.thumb.jpg.dad2ed105bd571b76466db24325a8daa.jpgOf course that would have required foreign engineers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...