Phuket plans to build a sky walk in Rawai and a glass terrace at Surin Beach

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Phuket Info Center

By Goongnang Suksawat

Phuket – Phuket is planning to build a sky walk in Rawai and a glass terrace at Surin Beach in Thalang.

The President of the Phuket Provincial Administration Organisation (PPAO) Mr. Rewat Areerob told The Phuket Express, “We want to attract more tourists to Phuket with new places other than the famous places that some of them have already visited.”

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/06/29/phuket-plans-to-build-a-sky-walk-in-rawai-and-a-glass-terrace-at-surin-beach/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-06-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Sad to see this.

I can see a glass skywalk out over the ocean at say Cape Promthep. But Surin beach and a huge concrete thing like that!!! OMG!

I wonder if it will impact the beach sand movement like so many man-made structures have around the world when disturbing the natural wind flow along the coastlines?

I would think that natural landscaping, eco-sensitive pathways etc access to the sands, areas for sitting and decent hawker/food stall set-ups which are as sensitive to nature as can be mustered would be far more tourist-attracting smart.

• Like 1

Blah Blah Organisation, oh boy... first time in 2007 Visited Surin beach I thought Wow what a cool place to hang out, great places just a few feet from the actual beach within the tress you could buy cooling refreshing drinks from, beach bars & restaurants, beach clubs everything one could wish for in a nice tropical beach area... Then after a few years they decided all illegal and Organised (lol) turning it into a $ hit-hole... I still drop by now & then (there couple weeks back) just a beach now a few stalls. nothing much... nothing to write home about

Way to Go Phuket 'Organisation'  such funny people...