New tires for Kawazaki650R - which ones?

Hey there! I need new tires for my 650R as the old ones are starting to crack. I'm on somewhat of a budget and ideally don't want to spend more than 5k baht on a new set. Are there any decent tires out there for that price?

The local tire shop have some platinum corsa for 3400 baht and another pair of aspira sports for 4200 baht but I'm not sure of the quality of those brands. The next price bracket they have is 8000 baht for a pair of Pierlli Rosso 2.

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Kawazaki650R said:

The local tire shop have some platinum corsa for 3400 baht and another pair of aspira sports for 4200 baht but I'm not sure of the quality of those brands. The next price bracket they have is 8000 baht for a pair of Pierlli Rosso 2.

If you want to pay for high end sponsorship then buy the Pirelli tyres,  either of the others will be OK just look at their rating and check on the date they were made. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

If you want to pay for high end sponsorship then buy the Pirelli tyres,  either of the others will be OK just look at their rating and check on the date they were made. 

Will do! Quality will be fine for either one? What's really the difference between them? 3800 baht from for a pair of tires seem suspiciously cheap? ????

13 minutes ago, Kawazaki650R said:

Will do! Quality will be fine for either one? What's really the difference between them? 3800 baht from for a pair of tires seem suspiciously cheap? ????

They may be selling them cheap because of many reasons.

If they have a quality mark and they are within 1 or 2 years of being made your good to go. 

All I have experienced with cheaper tyres is most are soft and wear out quicker than more expensive tyres. 

If you do high mileage at high speeds and want to do the odd track race day Michelin tyres can be found at a reasonable price. 

13 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

They may be selling them cheap because of many reasons.

If they have a quality mark and they are within 1 or 2 years of being made your good to go. 

All I have experienced with cheaper tyres is most are soft and wear out quicker than more expensive tyres. 

If you do high mileage at high speeds and want to do the odd track race day Michelin tyres can be found at a reasonable price. 

What price range are those? I don't really do high mileage. Mostly Bangkok traffic commute and then I sometimes go on road trips on weekends. 

11 minutes ago, Kawazaki650R said:

What price range are those? I don't really do high mileage. Mostly Bangkok traffic commute and then I sometimes go on road trips on weekends. 

Obviously the Michelin name tyre cost more but I would be happy enough to go with the Platinum Corsa tyre. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2022 at 1:10 PM, Kwasaki said:

Obviously the Michelin name tyre cost more but I would be happy enough to go with the Platinum Corsa tyre. 

Bought the aspira sports. He didn't have the platinum corsa. He told me the corsas have better grip but the aspiras are better in wet conditions. Is this something an average rider would really notice a difference between?