Jump to content

BA.4 and BA.5 COVID sub-variants may become dominant in Thailand


snoop1130
 Share

Recommended Posts

highlights-virus-variant_web.png

A colorized scanning electron micrograph of an apoptotic cell (green) heavily infected with Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 virus particles (purple), isolated from a patient sample, at the NIAID Integrated Research Facility (IRF) in Fort Detrick, Maryland. (Photo by National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases)

 

Medical Sciences Department Director-General Dr. Supakit Sirilak has predicted that the COVID-19 Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 sub-variants are likely to become dominant in Thailand,after random testing of 948 Omicron cases last week showed 489 BA.4 and BA.5 infections, 447 BA.2 infections, 10 BA.1 and two B.1.1.529 infections.

 

He said that there is, however, only limited information about the severity of the BA.4 and BA.5 sub-variants, but warned that those who have recovered from a COVID-19 can be re-infected, due to the easy transmissibility of the two sub-variants.

 

He said that the BA.2.75 sub-variant has not yet been detected in Thailand.

 

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ba-4-and-ba-5-covid-sub-variants-may-become-dominant-in-thailand/

 

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-04
 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

You are correct.

But does it really have to be headline news every day?

We need to take sensible precautions.

Same for dengue. Same for road accidents.

They are all with us every day.

...it's a good reminder for those who have not bothered yet to get vaccinated...by the way there is an article in the topics about a motor cyclist crashing with no helmet..i rest my case...called education and changing human behaviour.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just had a friend test positive today in Bangkok. He is sick as a dog...high fever and body aches..  

That's the same symptoms as Dengue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, connda said:

That's the same symptoms as Dengue. 

Sorry to tell you but he has Covid, just tested at the hospital and PCR test shows this just like his ATK test yesterday, as he is very sick and why he sought treatment.  Young man that he is at 51 and vaccinated as well as boosted. It gets aggravating when folks say it's nothing.  It may be nothing to some but for others it affects them more so...

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Medical Sciences Department Director-General Dr. Supakit Sirilak has predicted that the COVID-19 Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 sub-variants are likely to become dominant in Thailand

Considering every other variant became the latest dominant one, then I guess this will follow in the same way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry to tell you but he has Covid, just tested at the hospital and PCR test shows this just like his ATK test yesterday, as he is very sick and why he sought treatment.  Young man that he is at 51 and vaccinated as well as boosted. It gets aggravating when folks say it's nothing.  It may be nothing to some but for others it affects them more so...

Vaccinated, boosted but still gets Covid and feels terribly ill. Let me guess the next part: "if he was not vaccinated, it would be much worse", right? Should he get another booster maybe, just to be on the safe side?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

Vaccinated, boosted but still gets Covid and feels terribly ill. Let me guess the next part: "if he was not vaccinated, it would be much worse", right? Should he get another booster maybe, just to be on the safe side?

Give your diatribe a rest. You are out in left field with your antivaxxer beliefs. The vaccines folks had were designed for the original strain and no they have not been tweaked to cover the latest variants of concern. But then you knew that and just wanted to troll some more. Adios.

Edited by ThailandRyan
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Give your diatribe a rest. You are out in left field with your antivaxxer beliefs. The vaccines folks had were designed for the original strain and no they have not been tweaked to cover the latest variants of concern. But then you knew that and just wanted to troll some more. Adios.

Guess that answers my question, seems another booster will be required then. Good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

Vaccinated, boosted but still gets Covid and feels terribly ill. Let me guess the next part: "if he was not vaccinated, it would be much worse", right? Should he get another booster maybe, just to be on the safe side?

Possibly yes..... 

Since it is well supported that the vaccinations reduce severity it is likely.

I don't believe a booster is of any benefit when he has just had Covi for real. Perhaps in some months.....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...