Pick-up trucks made in thailand

Toyota,Isuzu, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda and Ford all have manufacturing plants here.  Some are exported to Se Asia, Oz and Europe, it is Big business here.

The Thai pickup market is the second largest in the world.

If you meant another make then tell me the brand name.

There was  a company called VMT that tried to make pick ups but it never took off and was really an Isuzu re-badged.

Thai Rung make SUVs from a normal pickup chassis but not for 500,000 baht.

Give me some more info and I will get you the details.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has three ambitions in life; house, son and pickup. God knows why the pickup when she cant drive. Just out of interest, how much would a second hand pickup be in Thailand these days ?

Say  a three year old basic vehicle.

Wifes mate recently bought a brand new Mitsubishi Grand Sport (last November)which I think is based on the L200 chassis but with the rear all enclosed and very smart looking too.Like so many Thais she drives off for lunch at the weekend to Trat-Bang Saen and even Chang rai (see mum and eat) Always amazes me that when there are plenty good duck "bpet" restuarants round the corner we end up driving what seems like 500 miles to eat the same bloody duck?

Anyway re the GS its big,chunky,well a/c and ideal for trying to push a 40 ton truck off the road on the way for a swim at Laem Chabang.Total price was Bt730,000. ???