Thailand promoted as the region’s "herbal hub"

webfact

6 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Jokes aside, this is a good opportunity for all those  precipitants of the the 1 million free pot plants to have an idea what to do with it and use it for their benefits...

Yes except the people that got the 1 million free plants got industrial hemp whilst the people making all the filthy lucre are selling thc laden bud at ridiculous prices.

Can't see neighboring countries waiting too long to jump on this gravy train despite their current stringent regulations. Just the same as Thailand a few months ago and just look at the change. I am guessing Vietnam at the head of the queue?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin Charnvirakul has expressed confidence that Thailand will generate revenue of at least 48 million baht from traditional and alternative medicines this year by making Thailand the region’s ‘Herbal Hub’...

At current exchange rate that's about $USD 1.3 million, which is a tiny drop in the bucket of the tourism sector. It looks like they already spent more than that in promotions and ministerial salaries.

They should focus on the dual pricing system which is obviously a much better strategy. Just tax foreigners 100 baht for every 15 baht bottle of water at 7-11 and they'd regain all the tourism sector income in just a few weeks. Duh ????

5 hours ago, webfact said:

also promote the use of herbs by Thais in their foods in line with the government’s policy

Thailand has some of the best food in the world.

Maybe that will be changed to 'had some of the best food...'

As my gran used to say 'if it ain't broken - don't fix it'.

• Sad 1

I saw him speak at the FCCT last night and when it came to the question of foreigners jumping on the recreational use of pot bandwagon, he beat around the bush like you hardly ever saw. But that's politics, gotta say something that will just keep the ball rolling.

16 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Thailand has some of the best food in the world.

Maybe that will be changed to 'had some of the best food...'

Mine used to say "stop whinging like a big girls blouse".

I wish that you had met her.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has expressed confidence that Thailand will generate revenue of at least 48 million baht from traditional and alternative medicines this year by making Thailand the region’s ‘Herbal Hub’ as the leader in traditional and alternative medicines.

Anutin doth speak again after his enforced Isolation.

Shouldn't that be the ,erbal Hub 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has expressed confidence that Thailand will generate revenue of at least 48 million baht from traditional and alternative medicines this year by making Thailand the region’s ‘Herbal Hub’ as the leader in traditional and alternative medicines.

Oh dear they've let him out again.