Mandatory Cambodian Bus-ticket For Voa (30 Day Stamp) ?

went thru poipet a week ago returning from siem reap excursion on a khao san road company bus...3 people...different profiles...all in same line..all falang

retirement visa passed thru w a smile and greeted by 1st name

multiple 30day guy asked for & showed air ticket itineray out of thailand within 30day

new guy with only 1 recent 30day stamp, passed w no questions asked

Last week I did a visa run to Cambodia with a tour company. I had a valid air ticket out of Thailand however I was told I was required to purchase the bus ticket. Nobody wanted to see my air ticket however the bus ticket was demanded.

Personally I'll keep doing the Penang tourist visa runs by air and avoid border runs until the dust settles. I didn't fancy them too much even before all this bs started.

Oh, most definitely, I second that viewpoint! With the ever-changing rules at the land border crossings (show air ticket, show bus ticket, show 20,000 baht, show whatever), the Cambodian border runs are just way too iffy these days. Never did like the 8 or 9 uncomfortable hours on a hot minibus, not to mention the waste of passport pages for that oversized Cambodian visa stamp.

Plus, with the trip to Penang, I can take a vacation from my ... well ... vacation, stay a few days or a week, and enjoy the change of scenery.

Oh, I did the Cambodian border runs often enough back in the good ol' days when it was hassle-free, but I never really thought it was a good way to do it.

Also agree that reports from those actually making visa runs are invaluable in keeping up with the situation on the ground WRT the visa situation.

Yeah, the Philippines sounds good. I'll end up down there if staying in the LOS becomes untenable. I'd be taking a hit, however, on quality of life, I think. Oh course, my memories of the place are six years old. Maybe things have improved.

Yeah, the Philippines sounds good. I'll end up down there if staying in the LOS becomes untenable. I'd be taking a hit, however, on quality of life, I think. Oh course, my memories of the place are six years old. Maybe things have improved.

Your quality of life could be the same or better depending on where you choose to settle. Not having to do visa runs is a big help. Try Cebu City if you haven't already, you may be pleasantly surprised.

We never even went into Cambodia. The visa company took our passports after being stamped out of thailand, walked them over, got the Cambodian visa, entry and exit stamp and handed them back out while we waited in chairs in the shade at the entry/exit point of thailand.
Sounds strange, don't you have to show your face to the Cambodian Immigration Officers?