Wet Week Ahead

I am going to be awake and sitting on my balcony overlooking the sweep of Lamai on Monday at 0400 on the 25th to see this 14 knot wind and the "Rain (mm/3h)," whatever that means, then I will be on the beach to experience the 20 knot blasts the next afternoon at 1600.

Unless I am somewhere else. . . .

You don't actually believe any weather forecast for Samui, do you?

I am going to be awake and sitting on my balcony overlooking the sweep of Lamai on Monday at 0400 on the 25th to see this 14 knot wind and the "Rain (mm/3h)," whatever that means, then I will be on the beach to experience the 20 knot blasts the next afternoon at 1600.

i check this site most days and its generally pretty accurate, at least for one or 2 days ahead. i noticed the rain estimate for next week has come way down today.

steve

i check this site most days and its generally pretty accurate, at least for one or 2 days ahead. i noticed the rain estimate for next week has come way down today.

steve

Steve, they expect the heavy rain in the South China sea,not as much in the gulf.But it's like a lottery I guess. The Thai Met have issued a warning.

Edited by Rooo

Windguru is excellent for wind direction and speed in a short term forecast ie 1-3 days.

Cloud cover and rain doesn't seem too accurate. Many a time I have been worried about impending storms in the long range windguru forecast and usually nothing serious arrives. Best to use it in conjunction with other decent forecasts. Bouy weather and accuweather, together with windguru will give you a balanced picture.

Far better to be aware of weather patterns locally. This season we can often expect windy conditions at high water and slack wind at low tide.

The mm/3h means how many milimeters in the 3 hour window that it is talking about. You'll notice the day is broken into 8 three hour windows.