Insurance query

mickyr55

1 hour ago, mickyr55 said:

My lady has motorcycle compulsory insurance does that cover me to ride it, or do I need to have my own cover for bike, I have driving licence for the bike

Yes if the insurance cover is for any rider and not in her name only. 

Yes if you have a valid motorbike DL. 

Get her to ring the insurance  company and ask if you are covered full comp to pay extra if they want otherwise with you riding the bike,  the bike may only be covered with CTPL only. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

the insurance only covers the rider for about 30k medical, 80k if not your fault, but unlikely to prove that

My one experience was I couldn't help someone parking there bike next to mine and them dropping there bike with it hitting mine not too much damage but the Thai guy paid me on the spot with the help of other Thais, so proven. ????????????

You could be right about CTPL but I'm sure someone has claim from them, I not know of anyone. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

My one experience was I couldn't help someone parking there bike next to mine and them dropping there bike with it hitting mine not too much damage but the Thai guy paid me on the spot with the help of other Thais, so proven. ????????????

I've not had one yet but it seems a good chance a Thai might just admit it if their fault, not sure about falang