Civil Engineering Jobs In Thailand

I am a young, female, civil engineer who would like to relocate to Thailand. I am currently based in the UK where I work for a large consultancy. My experience is mainly in Ports and Coastal Engineering but I am currently working with Flood defences.

However, I would not mind working in other branches of civil engineering.

Is it dificult to find work as a civil engineer in Thailand?

What kind of salaries are paid?

Is it feasible to try to get a job with a UK (or other international) consultancy but be based in Thailand?

s3

The Civil Engineer profession in Thailand is controlled through professional certification. I have never met a foreigner who is qualified to the Thai certification, although I have met foreign civil engineers in Thailand (working for among others, my employers).

Civil engineering is also a field within which Thailand has a very well established professional work force.

It seems that the area you work in is Infra Structure based and therefore most of the contracts that you would work on would be government issued. The problem then arises, who do the government award such contracts to? Usually companies owned or in part controlled by Thai politicians, very rarely non Thai companies.

One British Company that is working in Thailand on civil engineering projects is Thames Water. But do be aware that walking into a company as a new starter you will be at the bottom of the list for overseas assignment. My own employers have a list of personnel who are asking for assignments to Thailand, these are given on the basis of experience and qualifications for the job, but also undoubtedly on a grace and favor basis.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to work with Team Consulting Engineering and Management Co.,ltd in Bangkok during 1990-1995. For more information the website is "teamgroup.co.th". You can also call them. (I'm Thai so I have no problem with professtional cerificate.)

NkhS.

ps. "Guest House" is 100% right