Chiang Mai lawyer required

yang123

Time to revise my 1990s (!) will and also to prepare a usufruct on our house.

Can anyone here recommend a lawyer in Chiang Mai who could prepare bilingual wills,  and the usufruct + translation?

Any ideas about likely fees?

TVM

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There is a Siam Legal branch in Chiang Mai.

In Pattaya I had my will done at 5k without shopping around - in Thai. In English you can download them from the Internet for about 30 quid which I also did.

Edited by The Hammer2021

I second Khun Sumalee. She has undertaken various jobs for me over the years, including my will. She is fully bilingual and is used by many non Thai, but she is very busy as she is in great demand so an appointment is essential. Look at her website, 29tanin.com for all the details

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can high recommend

Khun Natpassorn Saengthong

[email protected]

office:

ground floor

hillside plaza & condotel - 4,

Huay Kaew Road

I have used her services for other legal purposes.

But have a few buddies who were happy with her services for will in Thailand & overseas support. speaks fluent english. 

• Thanks 1

Yapa (Bee) Nantarattapant

CNX Legal and Accounting

[email protected]

090-4514544

085-5996363

Meechok Plaza (3d floor)

Chiang Mai-Mae Jo Road

Law degree from Melbourne; Thai native. Can do everything in both Thai and English. I've used her for all sorts of things since before moving to Thailand, and I have never been disappointed. I can't recommend her highly enough.

• Thanks 1

CM Legal & Business Co., Ltd.
No.111/24, K-Park Project, Village No. 2

Mahidol Road, Nonghoi Sub-District

Mueang Chiang Mai District

Chiang Mai Province 50000,Thailand 

Phone (+66) 081-7646123, 086-4303240, 081-2889982

www.cmlegal-business.com
Email: [email protected]

Ask for Banjob.  He has done wills, living wills, and my Usufruct.
You can negotiate fees with him.  Ask what his fees are and make a counter-offer.

On 8/6/2022 at 7:47 AM, MikePBrown said:

Hi I recently used Sumalee Jennapa (26 Tanin Road) to update my Thai Will, Living Will, UK Will and Enduring Power of Attorney for Bt20,000. In my case everything was very simple and all in English only. I understand that it is best to have your Thai Will in English and in the event of your death it is translated, if signed as a Thai language Will there is a risk of someone challenging your Thai Will on the basis that you did not know what you were signing.

I have used Sumalee and her practice for over 15 years as have many other expat friends, including a friend who had a consultation with her last week and was very happy with the outcome.

Her contact number is 053-142366.

She will happily discuss her fees prior to undertaking any work

On 8/6/2022 at 1:33 PM, mcl2504 said:

Yapa (Bee) Nantarattapant

CNX Legal and Accounting

[email protected]

090-4514544

085-5996363

Meechok Plaza (3d floor)

Chiang Mai-Mae Jo Road

Law degree from Melbourne; Thai native. Can do everything in both Thai and English. I've used her for all sorts of things since before moving to Thailand, and I have never been disappointed. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sorry but i don't recommend her based on my own experience. Not going to elaborate.

8 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I have used Sumalee and her practice for over 15 years as have many other expat friends, including a friend who had a consultation with her last week and was very happy with the outcome.

Her contact number is 053-142366.

She will happily discuss her fees prior to undertaking any work

Sumalee seems to have the most votes here. Is she the one with office in a gym?

Announcing Khun Sumalee and Khun Banjob in one breath makes no sense at all. It is as announcing a Master degree with repeating a kindergarten class. On a scale to 100 it is a 95 against a 5 !!! One can not compare the best with the worst. Oh yes, know them both. Good luck.

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

Sumalee seems to have the most votes here. Is she the one with office in a gym?

Not that I have ever seen.

About two years ago she relocated to Chang Puak where she lives and had new offices built.

As a retired lawyer myself I certainly would not have used her if not 100% satisfied.