Mohlam Or Molam

Zeid

Mohlam

Molam

tried searching for it to have a deeper insight how does it play a role in the culture does it represent any morals, or is it just plain sanook show.

In the FC it is pronounced More Lamb :o ..... never bloody happens though.

Mor lam..... as far as I know .... basically means 'good singer/voice/song' and it is a carry over from Laos, the music part is pretty much unimportant, as long as it has a good beat and a twiddly twiddly twiddly guitar rhythm that allows you to strut down the road, hands held high and fingers bent back with the occasional Mr Spock 'live long and prosper' movement.... nobody cares about the genealogy.

Grab that bottle of Lao Khao and make a tit of yourself..... because, TIT.

all righty then

it seems i had it correct it is all about being sanook heng heng :o .

i bet if someone could get this beat mixed with some techno it will creat a big hit in the west the same way they now mix arabic beat with english songs

i bet if someone could get this beat mixed with some techno it will creat a big hit in the west the same way they now mix arabic beat with english songs

Jason Nevins vs Jintara.... what a truly awful concept .... would probably get loads of airplay on Radio 1 though (most crap does :o )

Mohlam

Molam

tried searching for it to have a deeper insight how does it play a role in the culture does it represent any morals, or is it just plain sanook show.

Mo Molam?

In england it's a big, fat, hideous woman politician that has no morals. :o

Mor lam is one of the wonders of Thailand. There are several different styles from the plaintive lam long with a khaen, the bamboo wind instrument blown with the fingers on the side in a rhythmic manner, accompanied by a solo singer, to morlam sing, the fast foot tapping modern style with sexy dancing troupes.

In between there are other styles such as Morlam Toei, Morlam Kalasin, etc , each is distinctive, but they all share the common themes of an infectious rhythm combined with beautiful melodies.

Names to look out for are: Siripon Ampaipong, Gintala Punlarp, Ponsak Songsaen, Chalerm Malakham, Duang Pon, Sathit, etc.

Anyone wanting to see live Morlam in Bangkok, there is a cabaret house/restaurant that features live morlam sing and other bands, including the beautiful dancers, and rotating singers. The place is called Isaan Tawan Daeng. This is not to be confused with the german Tawan Daeng place. Any Isaan cab driver knows the place if you say "Isaan" in the name. and Morlam.

Very fun authentic place, few if any farangs, and good Isaan food. I'm not sure of the phone number, but have a Thai friend call first and ask which evening they have the Morlam, because they also feature Luk Toong too.