Naklua at present.

fredob43

I live there and my opinion is that is is still pretty dead.  Maybe some new places open, but also closed places and the ones that are open are not that busy.

I walked the beach recently and honestly, there were 5 people there in the afternoon.  More dogs then people wandering around.

58 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

The only thing that I find disturbing are the bar prices.

Despite massive competition and an obvious lack of costumers, they are very high indeed - especially if you take into account the not-so-favorable exchange rates.

So essentially, the worse thing in Pattaya is the nightife - for me anyway.

Who would have thought? ????

If bar owners lowered their prices and asked the girls to behave properly. It would be paradise on earth.

If you're talking about girls, you just need to play hard ball, Stick to a price you want to pay, thai friendly and massage shops, I haven't bar fined for ages. If they don't accept move to the next

• Like 2

Thank you for all the replies so far, very in lighting. I stayed at the Centara Grand Mirage. Nice hotel. Just that when I came out at night for food & the odd beer. (Note no Ladies as the hotel doesn't allow same) It was like walking about in a ghost town. Restaurants empty, Bars much the same. The whole area seemed lifeless. 

Would like to book the same hotel but not if it's a route march to get to any form of life.

By the looks of it I will have to book another hotel. Once again thank you all for your replies.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Thank you for all the replies so far, very in lighting. I stayed at the Centara Grand Mirage. Nice hotel. Just that when I came out at night for food & the odd beer. (Note no Ladies as the hotel doesn't allow same) It was like walking about in a ghost town. Restaurants empty, Bars much the same. The whole area seemed lifeless. 

Would like to book the same hotel but not if it's a route march to get to any form of life.

By the looks of it I will have to book another hotel. Once again thank you all for your replies.  

Sounds like you should try a new area. Pratumnak soi 5 is popular, or just stay central walkable to Buakhao

Thanks everyone for the update. Seen quite a few fresh videos, which showed many bars with 7-10 girls, 1 or 2 customers, sometimes no customers at all, late-evening in Tree Town and Chaiyapoon. 

I'm now glad I wasn't able to get to Pattaya before heading to the home country this week for a visit.

• Like 2