Here’s how many tourists visited Prachuap Khiri Khan from Jan-Jul 2022

webfact

40k foreigners ... think I saw 6 of those where we are ????

5 mill is as good a number as any.  Does that mean 2 million hotel rooms were used, then not bad.  Weekenders from Krung Thep, and not exactly news.

Only thing amazing ... where do they pull these #s from:

"split into 17 billion baht from Thai tourists and 400 million baht from foreign tourists"

5 million, 3 per car, 6 months, 4 weekends ... so 69k cars per weekend.  If ever been stuck in the weekend to/from traffic ... then maybe true.  Them spending that much money ... hell no.

47 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

That's an average of 35000 bht for every single tourist.

That would mean that a family of 4 would have spent 140,000 baht in PKK and nothing in their own province.

I am not disputing your figures but those of the provincial governor, Mr. Sathien Charoenruen.

Those I find hard to believe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

That's an average of 35000 bht for every single tourist.

That's not what I find.

It's an average of 3488 baht per Thai tourist, and an average of 10,000 baht per foreign tourist.

Lumping the two together yields a total average of 3,540 baht per tourist.

• Like 2

I agree with AsianAtHeart's conclusions that foreign tourist's spending was about three times that of the Thais, presumably increased largely due to higher hotel costs.

Seriously though, how do they know how foreign tourist spending differs from Thais?   Do they follow them into shops and restaurants?   Or is it just a predetermined rule of thumb fed into their computer, or perhaps their abacus?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Approximately 5 million Thai tourists and over 40,000 foreign tourists visited the province, generating a total of 17,442 million baht in tourism revenue.

So, one foreigner for every 120 Thai tourists? And they are proud of that? I bet the local are happy that at least some Thais decided to visit. 

And how did they arrive at the 35,000 baht figure? Sounds suspiciously high, and deeply dishonest. A family of four ThaIs, drive down for the weekend, and spend 140,000 baht? Really? Truly? Honestly? Do they just pull these numbers out of a hat, or do they consult with the beach vendors?

Think you need to recheck the '35,000 baht figure' as provided by another poster. It is out by a factor of 10x. Yes, really, truly. honestly!!

Edited by PPGuy

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

40k foreigners ... think I saw 6 of those where we are ????

5 mill is as good a number as any.  Does that mean 2 million hotel rooms were used, then not bad.  Weekenders from Krung Thep, and not exactly news.

Only thing amazing ... where do they pull these #s from:

"split into 17 billion baht from Thai tourists and 400 million baht from foreign tourists"

5 million, 3 per car, 6 months, 4 weekends ... so 69k cars per weekend.  If ever been stuck in the weekend to/from traffic ... then maybe true.  Them spending that much money ... hell no.

Pkk town 1%

HH 99%