Myanmar Beauty Queen Says She’s Safe In Hands Of UN Officials

webfact

4 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Prince Edward Island..  PEI

PEI better get some REI to sell Maple Syrup and some of them 'ol lobster tails with good 'ol melted butter and mussels eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh 

eh 

PEI in the Summer reaches a high of absolute zero

If the junta would have done it with less drumming, it might have worked for the crooks.

The lady will live a saver life but it is yet to be seen, if it will be a happy life. She spoke her mind, a tip to the hat for that; there is future in Burma and it just takes continuous rattling of the cage. Rangoon will be breathing down Bangkok's neck but the heck ....... after all, its on the same democratic level between the two ???? 

12 hours ago, webfact said:

She has been in limbo since then, but told CNN on Friday she was now being looked after by officials from the UN’s refugee agency at the airport and is seeking political asylum in Canada.

One way to emigrate I guess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

If the junta would have done it with less drumming, it might have worked for the crooks.

The lady will live a saver life but it is yet to be seen, if it will be a happy life. She spoke her mind, a tip to the hat for that; there is future in Burma and it just takes continuous rattling of the cage. Rangoon will be breathing down Bangkok's neck but the heck ....... after all, its on the same democratic level between the two ???? 

Does your use of colonial names for the country and its former capital indicate that you want to rattle the cage to produce backward time-travel ?

8 hours ago, Banana7 said:

She looks gorgeous. How can I meet her in person? Since she wants to come to Canada, maybe I can marry her and bring her to Canada since I am Canadian.

she doesn't want you now.  she doesn't need you anymore because they said she can stay in Canada for the next 100 years.    you were too slow buddy,  she was waiting for you at the airport and you didn't contact her .....   

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2022 at 11:49 PM, NeoDinosaw said:

Does your use of colonial names for the country and its former capital indicate that you want to rattle the cage to produce backward time-travel ?

Well, if you are more comfortable with Mawlamyine compared to Moulmein, if you know that Myanmar is pronounced MeeAnMah and not MyAnMar, if you can remember that Kyimyindaing was Kemmendine, the river Ayeyarwady is easier to remember as Irrawaddy - then all is OK.

45 years ago I visited a beautiful place called Maymyo and stayed at the Candacraig, my last visit was to Pyin U Lwin whereas the Thiri Myaing was closed for renovation. 

It is their language but on a forum like this I try to keep things understandable despite me being fluent in Myanmarese ငါ့အတွေးကို မင်းလိုက်နာနိုင်မယ်လို့ ငါမျှော်လင့်တယ်။ ????  

• Thumbs Up 1