Taxi from airport to Lamai Beach

There is an official transfer counter in the arrival area just after you get your luggage.

There might be metered taxis - don't expect them to drive on meter, expect instead 600 baht to 1.000 baht to Lamai Beach - waiting just outside the airport gate at arrival area.

• Like 1

If you exit the airport and walk 50 yards towards the main road, on the right you'll see a 'private' taxi service. They'll flag you down. They charge me 350 baht to Chaweng but I've never gone with them to Lamai. I've used them for over 20 years, mainly because I can't be bothered with the bun fight in the terminal. 

*Caveat - I haven't been to Samui since Covid, so I don't know if their business survived 

Grab prices are more competitive but I don't know if they allow them to enter the airport. Outside the arrival area near 7-11 there are many taxis, so if you get a Grab driver to pick you up from there not sure how the taxi mafia would react ????

Download the app and see for yourself what the prices are.

My experience is that the taxis from the airport transport desk are the way to go. They are not cheap, but the prices are fixed and published. If you walk to the main road and flag a taxi down you have no idea what pricing you will get.  I would argue that the probability of getting it much cheaper is rather low.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...