Walk-in renewal service for driver’s licence resumes at DLT office

KhunBENQ

Was it in the news?

Walk-in renewal service for driver’s licence resumes at DLT office

People can now renew their expired driver’s licence without having to pre-register online, the Department of Land Transport (DLT) announced on Tuesday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40020696

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure they will unlimited numbers of Falangs walking in.  But hey if it works thats great.  I just updated my 5 year licenses on August 30th so I am good for another almost 6 years.....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not sure they will unlimited numbers of Falangs walking in.  But hey if it works thats great.  I just updated my 5 year licenses on August 30th so I am good for another almost 6 years.....

I read that some offices have a foreigner contingent. First come, first serve?

Up here it doesn't matter. Nothing special for foreigners in English.

Did mine today for another 5 years in Kanchanaburi. Did the 1 hour listen and answer questions on line last week and was given a scan code and reference. All the usual paperwork photocopies. 

Rocked up at the office this morning, got in a queue and papers were checked. Stamp on break. Moving eye test. Street light colours thought I was done but they made me drive the car around their little track and got sorted. Done.????????????????????????????????

My former Passport Number is shown on my only recently acquired renewed 5-year Motorbike and Car Driving Licences because their renewal preceded a trip to the UK during which time a new Passport was obtained.

Is any action recommended?   I always carry a minature laminate of old and new passports with the licences.

Thanks anyone.

23 minutes ago, Postmaster said:

Is any action recommended? 

None...  The DL is your name, your DOB, your photo... Its your licence. 

Come renewal you just renew with your updated passport, thats all. 

I’ve had driving licences for years on multiple passports (with a different number) over the same period - never an issue with a new passport. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

None...  The DL is your name, your DOB, your photo... Its your licence. 

Come renewal you just renew with your updated passport, thats all. 

I’ve had driving licences for years on multiple passports (with a different number) over the same period - never an issue with a new passport. 

This year I was able to have them change my passport number on the bottom of the licenses to my 13 digit Pink Non-Thai ID Card number.  My Vehicles green book and blue book also have my Thai ID number in them instead of my passport ID as I bought them and showed my Yellow book as proof of residence and did not have to do a COR.

14 hours ago, Postmaster said:

My former Passport Number is shown on my only recently acquired renewed 5-year Motorbike and Car Driving Licences because their renewal preceded a trip to the UK during which time a new Passport was obtained.

Is any action recommended?   I always carry a minature laminate of old and new passports with the licences.

Thanks anyone.

Pay the fee to have the licenses changed or just ignore it and wait for 5 years both are probably equally OK

On 10/5/2022 at 6:31 PM, Postmaster said:

Thanks anyone.

Yes, you need to get the new passport number put on your DL