Retirement extension

Maybe someone can confirm me:

- getting a Non O retirement in Embassy: already above 50. Having the necessary funds (800k) in Thai Bank account long enough (years). Address registered in Thailand.

1/ can you apply for the 1 year extension right after landing in Thailand (let's say within the 1st few days)?

2/ how long it will take to get the extension and multi re-entry permit?

That would in Phuket. The reason of my questions is that I am actually working abroad (Vietnam), going back to Thailand very often (mostly every 2 weeks) for short period (weekends) so I can't afford to stay too long period in Thailand. But of course, i know it can't process during a weekend. So trying to define the minimum stay in order to complete this process.

Of course, been thinking of Non O multi entries but last time i went to the Thai consulate in Saigon, they told me they are doing only single entries

Thanks

21 minutes ago, jphasia said:

1/ can you apply for the 1 year extension right after landing in Thailand (let's say within the 1st few days)?

2/ how long it will take to get the extension and multi re-entry permit?

Your entry with a non O will stamp you in for 90 days.

At CW you can apply for extension up to 45 days prior to expiry of permit.

The extension is done on the spot. 

You can make an appointment. 

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=20131

The reentry permit is also done on the spot.

Same building.

Note you can also obtain reentry permit at airport.

Since you are mainly in Vietnam due to work you will need a reentry permit to protect your 90 day permission of stay from the non O.

Then when you obtain your 12 month extension you will require another reentry permit. 

Edited by DrJack54

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your entry with a non O will stamp you in for 90 days.

At CW you can apply for extension up to 45 days prior to expiry of permit.

The extension is done on the spot. 

You can make an appointment. 

The reentry permit is also done on the spot.

Same building.

Note you can also obtain reentry permit at airport.

Since you are mainly in Vietnam due to work you will need a reentry permit to protect your 90 day permission of stay from the non O.

Then when you obtain your 12 month extension you will require another reentry permit. 

Thanks. I know all these points already but that was not my point.

My point is getting a Non O single 90 days in Embassy, enter Thailand with it and go straight to the immigration office and apply for the retirement extension, having in hand a Thai bank book with required funds and any other requirements. How long can i expect to get back my passport with the extension on it?

Also, preferably done in Phuket as i leave there unless it is faster in CW...

Thanks

8 minutes ago, jphasia said:

How long can i expect to get back my passport with the extension on it?

Also, preferably done in Phuket as i leave there unless it is faster in CW.

Yes sorry. 

Was just about to edit my post as you clearly state that you deal with Phuket immigration.

Regarding applying for the extension straight away hopefully someone dealing with Phuket will confirm if that is possible 

If not you would need to obtain a reentry permit that will protect your 90 day stamp. 

That reentry permit will expire same date as the 90 day stamp.

Then later when you obtain your 12 month extension you will obtain a multi reentry permit. 

Here is thread re Phuket extension retirement.

Seems after application you pick up pp next day. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes sorry. 

Was just about to edit my post as you clearly state that you deal with Phuket immigration.

Regarding applying for the extension straight away hopefully someone dealing with Phuket will confirm if that is possible 

If not you would need to obtain a reentry permit that will protect your 90 day stamp. 

That reentry permit will expire same date as the 90 day stamp.

Then later when you obtain your 12 month extension you will obtain a multi reentry permit. 

Here is thread re Phuket extension retirement.

Seems after application you pick up pp next day. 

Thanks Dr Jack54 and no problem for mis reading my original post.

Your last post is very clear and actually very informative for me! I never knew that you can apply for a re-entry permit for a 90 days non O. That solve part of my problem.

I believe i have all the requirements mentioned in the attached post even it is about renewal extension while for me will be 1st one. Anyway the 800k in the bank has been there more than a year already and was transfer from abroad (Vietnam as this is where I am working).

Regarding the Non O 90 days with the re-entry permit (multi), does it mean that i can do it several time in the raw in case i don't have the time to proceed the extension within the first 90 days Non O? (Most of the time I am landing in Phuket on Friday and back to Saigon on Monday) I mean after the first 90 days, re-apply for another Non O...

Thanks

1 hour ago, jphasia said:

Thanks Dr Jack54 and no problem for mis reading my original post.

Your last post is very clear and actually very informative for me! I never knew that you can apply for a re-entry permit for a 90 days non O. That solve part of my problem.

I believe i have all the requirements mentioned in the attached post even it is about renewal extension while for me will be 1st one. Anyway the 800k in the bank has been there more than a year already and was transfer from abroad (Vietnam as this is where I am working).

Regarding the Non O 90 days with the re-entry permit (multi), does it mean that i can do it several time in the raw in case i don't have the time to proceed the extension within the first 90 days Non O? (Most of the time I am landing in Phuket on Friday and back to Saigon on Monday) I mean after the first 90 days, re-apply for another Non O...

Thanks

As mentioned previously the reentry permit protects your current permit. 

So yes you would obtain one and it's expiry will match expiry of your 90 day stamp.

When you obtain your 12 month extension you can straight away obtain a new reentry permit and it's expiry will match your expiry date of your 12 month extension.

• Thanks 1