Saxophone Pub

Sparktrader

That place is old. I took the companies head secretary there about 37 years ago. Good food , good music , good ambience. 

Swept off her feet she was. Luckily , there was a mattress to fall back on.

PS 37 years ago seems like only yesterday to me. Recent.

Saxophone Pub& Restaurant - Siam Hop

Appears to be still going. They even have an app.

Edited by Denim

50 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I was there often around 2000 - - there was the wonderful little singer with Bkk Blues Band = I think her name was Gai... anyone else remember her?

Honestly I cannot, there were so many good bands and singers.

They regularly had a guy who sang George Benson covers who I particularly enjoyed.

I used to regularly go there from about 2000, when I lived close by. Later on when I visited Bangkok, I always stayed close by.

Great venue, great music, lots of interesting people.

6 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Honestly I cannot, there were so many good bands and singers.

They regularly had a guy who sang George Benson covers who I particularly enjoyed.

I used to regularly go there from about 2000, when I lived close by. Later on when I visited Bangkok, I always stayed close by.

Great venue, great music, lots of interesting people.

She did all sorts of Janis Joplin type songs - had the power but a sweetness too... she married a guy from France and moved there... last I heard, long ago...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/16/2022 at 7:10 PM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

a very Australian joke .. Fun Fact my ex Thai wife lives one minute from the Caulfield race course and saw all the happy and some sad drunks leaving the Caulfield Cup  ..  can't get her to go though ..she still hasn't been to the footy 

Won't go to racing or footy- a wise woman.

On 10/16/2022 at 11:34 PM, spidermike007 said:

Glad to hear it is still going. 15 years ago there used to be a lot more jazz bars than there are these days, despite there being a surprising number of good jazz players here. We need more places like this. 

A very long time ago I had the pleasure of listening to a Dixie jazz band in Bkk. No idea if still going but from their age then I doubt it.

47 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never said that so stop making it up. I don't hate all the people, though I never could stand Split Enz.

They were fun in the early days.

Maybe. Late last night. Sweet dreams. Then Neil Finn came and they got a bit more commercial but were still pretty good. Crowded House were not my cup of tea.

Walking down the Road; Split Enz in the U.K. 1976 ...

17 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

They were fun in the early days.

Maybe. Late last night. Sweet dreams. Then Neil Finn came and they got a bit more commercial but were still pretty good. Crowded House were not my cup of tea.

Walking down the Road; Split Enz in the U.K. 1976 ...

Couldn't stand Crowded House either. I didn't even like most of the singers on Let's Go, especially Mr Lee Grant.

I do/ did ( died 20191 ) like Peter Posa though, so not a blanket dislike of all NZ singers/ bands.

I'm sure there must be others I liked, but can't remember off hand.