Oil Filter, proper oil level, maybe need new shop

Rhys

Aloha Mates, and especially CB500X riders,

Just wanted to ask, normally recommended for service for oil and filter is about 5k on the roads?  The CB 500X takes 3.2 liters of oil as well according the service manual?   I called ahead and checked if the shop had the filter they said yes, I told them I had the oil and I would be down for and oil and filter change.. Come on down

Harbingers.... I noticed the oil drain pan they were using was too small, so the mechanic dropped at least half liter of oil on the floor.  OPS.. we have all done that.. They looked at the Repsol 10/40 oil and told me it was good, I said yes of course, that is why I brought it in.   The Honda shop is a dealer and the place has always serviced my bikes, so I have a feel for the mechanics' communication there... I thought.  Of course my Thai is not as strong as it should be, be we have always managed to communicate.

The Eye openings and Head turns.  First, the filter was not changed?  They said next time?  Hmm I asked them to do it.. I was watching them service the bike, and pouring in the new oil, ( I should have paid more attention and checked first-My fault)  Next, the mechanic used on 2.2 liters of new oil instead of 3.2 (I brought 4 liters)

Think out loud.....Just experience and habit, I understood, to always change oil and filter?  The liter of oil not used, because the filter was not change? Would it not drain anyway?

I know it is communication, because the shop staff are cool and always helpful and fast.    However today, perhaps they were off on their game, it was not busy.. Also perhaps my Thai speaking was not as clear as it should have been.  

This is actually the second time they have serviced the CB500X for me.   What to do, I will ask a Thai friend to communicate for me and find out why they did not comply with specs.

Next time I will bring in more fruit.. ???? or look for a new service shop.

image.thumb.png.a5ef5b4c18d6fb6b6be253a27116c927.png

Why not take it to a Honda big wing and get service done properly rather than what sounds like taking it a spanner short cut workshop especially when you cannot carry out simple tasks like oil and filter change on a motorcycle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Why not take it to a Honda big wing and get service done properly rather than what sounds like taking it a spanner short cut workshop especially when you cannot carry out simple tasks like oil and filter change on a motorcycle. 

The big wing shop is in another province.  Preference for the shop, generally fast... less hassle.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Rhys said:

What to do, I will ask a Thai friend to communicate for me and find out why they did not comply with specs.

Because they do not care and take the path of least resistance. You should not have left until they had changed the filter.

2 hours ago, Rhys said:

Next time I will bring in more fruit.. ???? or look for a new service shop.

Find a new shop and don't give gifts.