Mask wearing

treat school environment similar to airport/airplane one.

Kids won't get sick much, but you or grandparents, might get it more serious.

Take your stand and order your kid don't wear mask. Or don't send him to school until nobody will try to force him to do so.

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

I fail to see the problem if people here wish to try and protect themselves and feel more comfortable wearing a mask, I do even if Californian's don't.

And I can't argue your comment, but, but is the mask for covid protection or smog protection as 1 Bangkok participant keeps giving as a reason for the mask. This particular school is keeping the mask mandate inside the classroom as I'm pretty sure the Health Minister said wasn't needed. 

Please prove me wrong.

At the 7-11 all people still wearing mask.

This is how easy it is to mold people into THIS. 

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Thanks 1

The mask requirement for schools has been relaxed, although individual schools can make their own rules. My son went back today (Rayong) and it is only recommended that the children wear a mask in the classroom, but not outside.  The Principal seemed confident that in a few more weeks he can get rid of it altogether ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The mask requirement for schools has been relaxed, although individual schools can make their own rules. My son went back today (Rayong) and it is only recommended that the children wear a mask in the classroom, but not outside.  The Principal seemed confident that in a few more weeks he can get rid of it altogether ????

Yet the kids are all masked up checking in. I see a slow change among some locals here and go into local store with no mask and the checker had no mask, slow changes.

49 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

And I can't argue your comment, but, but is the mask for covid protection or smog protection as 1 Bangkok participant keeps giving as a reason for the mask. This particular school is keeping the mask mandate inside the classroom as I'm pretty sure the Health Minister said wasn't needed. 

Please prove me wrong.

At the 7-11 all people still wearing mask.

This is how easy it is to mold people into THIS. 

"is the mask for covid protection or smog protection", if it serves to filter both, so much the better, it's merely a bonus.

Just now, nigelforbes said:

"is the mask for covid protection or smog protection", if it serves to filter both, so much the better, it's merely a bonus.

You make a good point, maybe perhaps wear a helmet when I go for a walk, because well that would be even better. A bonus.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You make a good point, maybe perhaps wear a helmet when I go for a walk, because well that would be even better. A bonus.

If it makes you feel more comfortable, you must do so. Knee and elbow pads also perhaps and maybe even a kevlar vest. And if we see you walking around dressed thusly, we wont judge.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

If it makes you feel more comfortable, you must do so. Knee and elbow pads also perhaps and maybe even a kevlar vest. And if we see you walking around dressed thusly, we wont judge.

You first, and you know don't forget the mask.

25 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Easily smog protection, as I see it's starting even earlier this year.  Usually mid Nov, now mid/late Oct ... ???? ????

Lot of 70-80-90s, with a couple breaking 100 AQI

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

People freaking out about mask wearing reminds me of how old folks and rednecks freaked out about men with long hair in the 1960's. 

Give it a rest.  Let people make their own choices.

Freaking out is an exaggeration on your part. It's more bewilderment. At the school which relaxed the covid rules to include wearing masks outside. Yet when I picked up the kid from school, all kids wearing masks because no one wants to stand out. She wore her mask because the other kids did and they wear because all the adults working at the school wear masks.

I must admit it was a bit odd not wearing a mask in the US, even in the most liberal city around SF, eating at Pier 39, no masks.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Kevlar vest?

Is that stab proof?

Sounds fair to me.????????

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 6:16 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Freaking out is an exaggeration on your part. It's more bewilderment. At the school which relaxed the covid rules to include wearing masks outside. Yet when I picked up the kid from school, all kids wearing masks because no one wants to stand out. She wore her mask because the other kids did and they wear because all the adults working at the school wear masks.

I must admit it was a bit odd not wearing a mask in the US, even in the most liberal city around SF, eating at Pier 39, no masks.

Taking protective measures because you don’t want to stand out is far preferable to not taking protective measures because you don’t want to stand out.

• Like 1