Gay War Against Novotel Bangkok

george

I had given some serious thought to opening a very exclusive nightclub in LOS which would be restricted to only men who were Brad Pitt or George Clooney look-alikes and only gorgeous beautiful women between 21 and 29 years old. I gave up the idea when I realized that a club populated with only ThaiVisa members might get a little boring. :D

Good one jetjock. Of course, you and I would be at the head of the line. :o

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gay people annually spend millions of "pink baht" in Thailand.

'brown baht', no ? :o

No.

Is everyone spending 'pink baht' gay?  If so what do str8 people do if they find some in their change - can they be changed back to str8 baht to avoid being mistaken for being gay :D

No.

Is everyone spending 'pink baht' gay?  If so what do str8 people do if they find some in their change - can they be changed back to str8 baht to avoid being mistaken for being gay :D

I'm sure your str8 baht will be accepted in most places. You, on the other hand, might not be.

No.

I'm sure your str8 baht will be accepted in most places. You, on the other hand, might not be.

Now why would you say that - get a sense of humour sissy

No.

Gee Observer21, it might be that I don't like bigots. Humor has nothing to do with it.

Ok, Farang Prince, we know you have a good LB. But do you acknowledge that many of them are bad and rip-off artists or not?

Chinthee, there are good and bad people in every skin color and every body shape. I would take exception to you statement that "many of them are bad and rip-off artists...." You better believe some are. So are some straight guys, gay guys, whores, policemen, bankers, businessmen, politicians, etc. As a matter of fact, there isn't a single ladyboy who has ripped off as much money as our current and former government leaders. I prefer to look at people, no matter who they are, as human beings...and move on from there. Wish more people would do the same.

Ok, Farang Prince, we know you have a good LB. But do you acknowledge that many of them are bad and rip-off artists or not?

Chinthee, there are good and bad people in every skin color and every body shape. I would take exception to you statement that "many of them are bad and rip-off artists...." You better believe some are. So are some straight guys, gay guys, whores, policemen, bankers, businessmen, politicians, etc. As a matter of fact, there isn't a single ladyboy who has ripped off as much money as our current and former government leaders. I prefer to look at people, no matter who they are, as human beings...and move on from there. Wish more people would do the same.

So, your answer is...

So, your answer is...

Guess you didn't bother to read my post. My answer is "You better believe some are."

No.

Gee Observer21, it might be that I don't like bigots. Humor has nothing to do with it.

I dont like bigots either - but i wont be PC when making a joke.  Sorry if my joke offended you - you must be very delicate natured.

Gay war? Must we have a Gay War? Enough is enough, can't we all just get along? Why do we have to have a war over everything? Especially getting into a "half-step above Angels Disco at the Nana Hotel" like CM2. The ladyboy should feel lucky he wasn't let in...

It never fails to amaze me that some people need to create a crisis when there isn't one. This is not a gay issue. I doubt any self respecting gay guy would even frequent the club if it was filled with pushy katoeys and their ugly elderly farang admirers. I know none of my gay friends would go, but then they are the 20-30 year old crowd. Maybe the club was hoping to attract a different sort of clientele. Who knows, because none of the ranting agenda pushers have bothered to ask. It's easier to condemn and scream out discrimination.

Get real. No one cares and more importantly, the gay community is not going to boycott Novotel because a doorman turned someone away. That's what doormen do. They are usually on a power trip with a massive chip on their shoulders.

Clubs in LA regularly bar Lyndsay Lohan and her crew and no one complains that they are discriminating against her kind. My friends and I went to a gay club once and of the 3 of us, the one gay guy was turned away because he looked too str8. Big deal, we said F U and took our business elsewhere. As Groucho Marx said, any club not interested in letting me in, isn't worth joining.

Novotel gets a week's notice

Transvestite Sutthirat Simsiriwong yesterday gave Novotel Siam Square a week to formally apologise and admit its mistake in denying him entry to its nightclub because of his sexual orientation.

"I will wait until next Wednesday; if there is no statement of apology from the hotel, I will take legal action," he said at a press conference at the Office of the National Human Rights Commission.

Sutthirat, accompanied by advocates of gay and lesbian rights, filed an official report of last Friday's incident to the commissioners.

He said the controversy between him and the hotel would be over if the hotel issued its statement in time.

Besides admitting its mistake and apologising, Sutthirat also wants the hotel's statement to say that the sort of "archaic" social perspective displayed by its actions would not longer be its policy.

"I'm highly confident that a world-class corporation, such as Novotel (Accor), will eventually accept responsibility for their actions and policies; policies that have affected me personally, affected others who suffer discrimination of any type and affected those whose hearts have been touched by our struggle," he said in a statement in English that he distributed to the media.

The hotel is facing an international boycott from more than 100 gay and lesbian organisations. Rights commissioner Naiyana Supapheung supported Sutthirat's request and said she would soon summon the hotel's representatives to ask about the case.

Sutthirat's fight to protect his rights as a transvestite has served as a wake-up call for gays and their advocates.

Natee Theerarojnapong, president of the Gay Political Group of Thailand, told the commissioners yesterday that his rights had been violated by life insurance companies that refused to sell him life insurance for his "soul mate", and demanded that the commission investigate such policies.

Source: The Nation - 30 June 2007

This Natee character, president of the Gay Political Group of Thailand, is the same genius who determined that "fag hags" are raping Thai gay men at alarming rates and that this should be part of the military's new "constitution". It's so sad to see all this narcissistic behaviour dominating the media coverage linked with homosexuality. Takes us back 50 years....

Novotel CM2 bar rejects any transgender that wants to enter.

Novotel management should be ashamed.

And yes I am avoiding any Novotel hotel to stay just to boycot them.

And I am travelling 35 weeks a year so they loose a lot of money only from me, imagine if 10.000 others are doing the same.

It is time for Thailand and the rest of the world and some of the people here at TV to wake up and get rid of their stereotype thinking and acting.

Humans are humans no matter how they look or what they feel.

Alex

You might be barking up the wrong tree, Alex, if what Chinthee says is correct.

Shows you that sometimes is better to get all the facts first, think and then decide what action to take.

Will be interesting to see what happens to the "threat" of Sutthirat. What will he/she do if Novotel fails to comply? Make a strip-tease in front of the CM2 and scare away customers?

Oh, no! Sue them for 10 billion bath for making him loose some business opportunities inside CM2.

Jai Dee trying to make me eat crow are you? :o (you're too trusting of people's motives.)

If I am wrong, I will pick up the bar tab at a bar in the Paradise @ Patong .

How come the article didn't include the statement made by the hotel manager and the press release from the hotel about the incident?

"What happened on Saturday night was regrettable but was most definitely not part of the CM2 nightclub entry policy, nor was it supported by its management," hotel general manager Michael Thomas said in a statement."

Hello. Novotel is saying it is opposed to what occurred and does not support the events.

Is this the same Office of the National Human Rights Commission that I don't believe has yet to address complaints from refugees about extortion, rape, lack of shelter and abuse, nor the very legitimate complaints from gay refugees begging not to be deported back to countries where they would be harassed, that has magically found time for this spurious claim? Looks like the commission that's been accused of neglect of gay issues has now found a good way to grab some free publicity and headlines.

I think the real agenda appears at the end of the article and we see who is pulling the strings. By using this non-event Natee Theerarojnapong, president of the Gay Political Group of Thailand can get some publicity and hit back at the by life insurance companies that refused to sell him life insurance for his "soul mate" (Life companies are unlikely to turn any client away unless the client has a medical condition that renders the client uninsurable) This is going to get exciting kids, especially if I have to go do penance.

Okkkkk.... so the straight person accidentally walks into a gay bar and orders a beer... now, tell us, HOW did the bartender know he/she was straight in order to discriminate against him/her in this fashion?

Interesting cul-de-sac you've wandered into...

i don't think that's a culd-de-sac and i am convinced that most gay men can identify me as a hetero as i can identify most gay men.

ah ah

How funny there is always someone to say that king of krap...

[sandy]

Jai Dee trying to make me eat crow are you? :o (you're too trusting of people's motives.)

I don't post opinions in the News Forum... only updates as they come to hand.

For what its worth I was going to edit that out, but you beat me to it. I apologize. My attempt at humour was misleading. Sorry again.

Gay people annually spend millions of "pink baht" in Thailand. If a boycott is actually organized against Novatel, they will feel the pain, although I don't know what Simsiriwong was thinking when he went to CM2. It is a dive and my ladyboy and I wouldn't be caught dead in the place. There are plenty of classy venues in Bangkok that cater to the "Third Sex" community and do very well financially because of it.

I may be wrong but I doubt you will find many gay farang in the Novotel, they are all in Silom or Babylon! If not in Pattaya or Phuket!

[sandy]

Jai Dee trying to make me eat crow are you? :D (you're too trusting of people's motives.)

I don't post opinions in the News Forum... only updates as they come to hand.

For what its worth I was going to edit that out, but you beat me to it. I apologize. My attempt at humour was misleading. Sorry again.

Mai bpen rai... no harm done.

Shall we get back on topic now?

:o

This Natee character, president of the Gay Political Group of Thailand, is the same genius who determined that "fag hags" are raping Thai gay men at alarming rates and that this should be part of the military's new "constitution". It's so sad to see all this narcissistic behaviour dominating the media coverage linked with homosexuality. Takes us back 50 years....

Oh yes you saw that one too! That was so funny!

"Beware of Fag Hag ... and Pickpockets" should be the next warnings on the video screen in DJ !

[sandy]

Novotel gets a week's notice

The hotel is facing an international boycott from more than 100 gay and lesbian organisations. Rights commissioner Naiyana Supapheung supported Sutthirat's request and said she would soon summon the hotel's representatives to ask about the case.

Source: The Nation - 30 June 2007

Any in Thailand?

[sandy]

And I am travelling 35 weeks a year so they loose a lot of money only from me, imagine if 10.000 others are doing the same.

It is time for Thailand and the rest of the world and some of the people here at TV to wake up and get rid of their stereotype thinking and acting.

Alex

I do not think I am barking at the wrong tree

Shows you that sometimes is better to get all the facts first, think and then decide what action to take.

How about a personal experience huh?

Will be interesting to see what happens to the "threat" of Sutthirat. What will he/she do if Novotel fails to comply? Make a strip-tease in front of the CM2 and scare away customers?

Oh, no! Sue them for 10 billion bath for making him loose some business opportunities inside CM2.

How come the article didn't include the statement made by the hotel manager and the press release from the hotel about the incident?

Source please?

"What happened on Saturday night was regrettable but was most definitely not part of the CM2 nightclub entry policy, nor was it supported by its management," hotel general manager Michael Thomas said in a statement."

[i]OK, we will see where the money is mister Thomas.

Next week Saturday I will go with a few LB friends of me to your club and see if we are allowed entrance. No worrie they are not BG and dress appropriate. I have heard there are already a lot of BG inside (GG so to speak).

Maybe you are afraid too loose all those GG prostitutes as they are no competition for a 10 times more beautyfull looking girl that is smart and can have a real conversation other then: Hello where you from and what is your name crap?[/i]

Hello. Novotel is saying it is opposed to what occurred and does not support the events.

Source please.

We will see

In my opinion any club has the right to refuse some kind of people, druggies, too drunks or people not dressed appropriate.

Next to that a club should make a copy of the ID card/pasport of any person that enters the club and in case they cause some kind of problem it would be easy to report. Next to that when a person wants to enter a club where he/she not have been before they should read the rules to obey with for that club and can then decide to enter or not.

When agreed the person is then given a pass that allows them to enter the club.

This works fine in Holland and some other countries.

Natee is in his/her full rights to sue Novotel for for abusing human rights, Oh, yea this is Thailand right, no human rights here.

TG people are tolerated but not accepted in many countries, I wonder why.

For your info, I consider TG people that had the full operation and live their life as a women as a women.

Others that have only boobies and dress and look like a girl I also treat them as a girl but I am aware.

Cheers all lets have equal rights for everyone.

Alex

Alex

I do not think I am barking at the wrong tree

How about a personal experience huh?

Source please?

[i]OK, we will see where the money is mister Thomas.

Next week Saturday I will go with a few LB friends of me to your club and see if we are allowed entrance. No worrie they are not BG and dress appropriate. I have heard there are already a lot of BG inside (GG so to speak).

Maybe you are afraid too loose all those GG prostitutes as they are no competition for a 10 times more beautyfull looking girl that is smart and can have a real conversation other then: Hello where you from and what is your name crap?[/i]

Source please.

We will see

In my opinion any club has the right to refuse some kind of people, druggies, too drunks or people not dressed appropriate.

Next to that a club should make a copy of the ID card/pasport of any person that enters the club and in case they cause some kind of problem it would be easy to report. Next to that when a person wants to enter a club where he/she not have been before they should read the rules to obey with for that club and can then decide to enter or not.

When agreed the person is then given a pass that allows them to enter the club.

This works fine in Holland and some other countries.

Natee is in his/her full rights to sue Novotel for for abusing human rights, Oh, yea this is Thailand right, no human rights here.

TG people are tolerated but not accepted in many countries, I wonder why.

For your info, I consider TG people that had the full operation and live their life as a women as a women.

Others that have only boobies and dress and look like a girl I also treat them as a girl but I am aware.

Cheers all lets have equal rights for everyone.

Alex

Can't do a Google search?

http://www.ukgaynews.org.uk/Archive/07/June/2902.htm

ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOT ABOUT GAYS... IT IS ABOUT SLEAZY KATOYS TRYING TO TRICK FARANGS NOTHING MORE. THIS IS NO DIFFERENT THAN SOME SLEAZY OLD SOD TRICKING UNDERAGE GIRLS.

I AM SURE RESPECTABLE GAYS ARE WELCOME

Sleazy katoeys trying to trick farangs?

30038175-01.jpg

I watched the interview last weekend, and he was very well presented, and polite. And the VIP guest mentioned in the news that he was with that night was an American man.

Sleazy my arse. :o