Chadchart Urges Residents To Get Booster Shot After Covid Count Climbs

webfact

image.jpeg

by TNR Staff

BANGKOK Governor Chadchart Sittipunt urged residents in the capital to get their Covid-19 booster shot as the number of people getting infected has almost doubled over the past 10 days, Matichon newspaper said today (Dec. 1).

Two Covid patients in the capital died and both of them were not vaccinated, indicating that those who were vaccinated over four months ago should get their booster shot, he said.

Bangkok currently has stocked up enough medicines and vaccines and has also opened a weekend vaccination centre at the Bangkok Youth Centre (Thai-Japanese stadium) in Din Daeng district.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/12/01/chadchart-urges-residents-to-get-booster-shot-after-covid-count-climbs/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-12-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

7 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I don't get it. It is already established and well known fact that vaccination does NOT stop infections. So what does the rise in infections have to do with getting more jabs? It won't stop the infections anyway.

Nobody ever claimed they did stop infections, they lower the severity of infection. When we had it in the past 3 months the clinic was not interesting in registering us, so I think the numbers are higher than officially announced. 

3 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

I don't get it. It is already established and well known fact that vaccination does NOT stop infections. So what does the rise in infections have to do with getting more jabs? It won't stop the infections anyway.

But it does help reduce the severity.. 

7 hours ago, proton said:

Nobody ever claimed they did stop infections, they lower the severity of infection. When we had it in the past 3 months the clinic was not interesting in registering us, so I think the numbers are higher than officially announced. 

Yes they did! I am sorry but doctors and government around the world were saying this and it was used to push digital ID's. Presenters on TV in the uk especially Dr Hillery who was advising people to wear masks while swiming in the sea....... The Internet never forgets.

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

At this stage of covid, the only people dying seem to be people who were already very ill, or had serious immune system issues, or major illnesses. 

The subsequent variants are weaker and weaker. Masks do not help much. And neither do the boosters. The numbers remain low. This is not something to be alarmed about. At all. 

The UK government's own figures shows this to have always been the fact. More data = more accuracy that's why annual flue/influenza figures are always adjusted down. Uk .gov believe it or not gives great information. I just don't understand why people believe politicians and media without first doing a .gov search.....

• Thumbs Up 1