Honda: Pattaya - what branch? [Forza 350, new]

aldriglikvid

Hi guys, 

1) I'm about to buy a new Honda Forza 350 and I noticed there's a dozen (or so) Honda branches in Pattaya. Is there any particular branch you heard good about (or vice versa). 

2) As a first time buyer of a completely new vehicle, is there anything you would recommend me doing/not doing (i.e. perhaps something you wish you knew when you bought your first new bike). 

Thanks ????

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Looks like you'll pay 10k more than listed price plus 3 month wait. Try Sattahip to avoid the price fixing cartel in Pattaya

Thanks, wasn't familiar. 

Do you have any specific name branches in Sattahip? I Googled and discovered Mityon there as well, perhaps same "fixing" as Pattaya? 

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Asian Motors in Bowin was mentioned a few times on Facebook for a lower price. See googlemaps.

Edit: Asia City Motors

Great! I'll contact Asia City Motors. 

Perhaps not to your knowledge, so I'm asking in general: can I do service/check-ups at all Honda branches once I become a owner; or is it more 'troublesome' to go outside of the branch were I bought it? (guarantees and such)

For a such in demand model, you'll be paying over the MSRP especially if you'll be paying cash instead of finance. Some out of town dealer around Bangkok that advertise online or sell the bikes online though Shopee and such might have some model lower than MSRP, they deliver, the delivery fee might be cheaper than what the local dealer are charging over MSRP

As for servicing,

They're supposed to accept service for all Hondas, but if you didn't buy from them, their schedule book could be 'full' whereas if you bought the bike from them they're more accommodating in fitting you in, plus in case of warranty claims that doesn't earn them any money. The worst case is that you have to go to Honda in Bangkok to get certain thing warranty work fixed if the local dealer isn't helpful.

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Looks like you'll pay 10k more than listed price plus 3 month wait. Try Sattahip to avoid the price fixing cartel in Pattaya

Very true about in high demand bikes! Dealers want to sell on finance, much more profitable for them. Kickback from bank, and you must buy the ”registration package” too… including theft insurance the first years, among other <deleted>. Could be in the 5000-15000 range for a Forza!

And most Forzas I saw was in ugly grey/dark/black, or dull colour schemes…

When the average cash buying farang walks in and want to buy, they must cover their losses and mark up the list price. I can understand that! 

I ended up buying a used bike advertised on fb marketplace, direct from the thai guy who bought new.

I checked the bike, wife checked everything else. Very important!

• Like 1