teak wooden house manufacturer

Also make sure the builder has paperwork for the source of their teak, as there is a moratorium on harvesting teak, without proper permit, along with sale & use.

I know a hotel at Udon Thani that has lots of teak in their building, as do a few 'officials' who get to stay there 'free of charge' when wanting, since they/hotel, don't have proper paperwork for their teak used.

PYA

• Like 2

Travelled from Nong Khai to Phetchabun through Loei and passed an area that builds houses using recycled timber. There were quite a few areas with stored timber and partly built houses.

Not sure of the exact area but we travelled from Nong Khai on Drive from Route 211, นค.3041, Route 2020, Route 2098.

Probably a bit far from Pai, but might be worth a drive

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Only a few years ago it was easily possible to find complete teak houses for sale in rural villages, not in the best condition but most of the wood was still sound. Buying them was cheap enough but transporting them was difficult without a police permit, it's still the case.

Forest teak and plantation teak are very different in terms of durablity and dimensional stability. Forest teak is extremely stable and durable, on the other hand plantation teak is more rapidily grown and harvested resulting in lesser quality and density and have the tendency to crack and warp due to fast growth. Just something you may perhaps keep that in mind deciding on the contractor and the source of teak. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Forest teak and plantation teak are very different in terms of durablity and dimensional stability. Forest teak is extremely stable and durable, on the other hand plantation teak is more rapidily grown and harvested resulting in lesser quality and density and have the tendency to crack and warp due to fast growth. Just something you may perhaps keep that in mind deciding on the contractor and the source of teak. 

I have no knowledge whatever on this subject.

Perhaps the lesser quality and DENSITY is more desired by white ants?

My guess is best to get some type of certificate or check it's real teak before purchase.

Ten years ago my Thai son had a big house, 5 bed, built in a village near Bang Saen. He wanted built in Teak furniture in every room but he knows nothing about how to identify teak wood.

Found a guy who seemed to be be very genuine, claimed seriously he only uses 100% real teak.

All finished 300,000+Baht.

Six months later 50% half of the furniture totally eaten and white ants super busy, could see the furniture disappearing. All attempts to kill the white ants failed, eventually son had someone remove what was left. 

Cabinetmaker claiming all 100% real teak couldn't be contacted. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I have no knowledge whatever on this subject.

Perhaps the lesser quality and DENSITY is more desired by white ants?

My guess is best to get some type of certificate or check it's real teak before purchase.

Ten years ago my Thai son had a big house, 5 bed, built in a village near Bang Saen. He wanted built in Teak furniture in every room but he knows nothing about how to identify teak wood.

Found a guy who seemed to be be very genuine, claimed seriously he only uses 100% real teak.

All finished 300,000+Baht.

Six months later 50% half of the furniture totally eaten and white ants super busy, could see the furniture disappearing. All attempts to kill the white ants failed, eventually son had someone remove what was left. 

Cabinetmaker claiming all 100% real teak couldn't be contacted. 

This was only cheap, ready made and bought locally. See the rear panels. Practically dissolved. 

Kitchen Cupboard.jpeg

Kitchen Cupboard dissolving.jpeg