Thailand Bank - Stock Exchange Access

One doesn't buy stocks through a bank - one does it through a stockbroker, so no.

However, there are several Thai stockbrokers that support international trading.  Perhaps the most foreigner-friendly is Phillips POEMS.  It does cover NASDAQ.

https://www.poems.in.th/service_detail.aspx?id=378&Markets We Offer

Don't expect it to be anything like as cheap as you can get in the US.

Edited by ThaiNotes

19 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn have a very limited selection of foreign stock mutual funds available.  Much better to find an offshore broker.

The banks' asset management companies typically only offer their own mutual funds.  If you use a full service broker you have access to the funds of around 19 different asset management companies in Thailand, including their FIFs.

Offshore brokers are pretty terrible for funds.  Interactive Brokers has offshore funds, but I'm not eligible to purchase any of them.  (I'm not American.)  Swissquote has a fairly wide range, around 20,000 funds, but the fees are high and the individual funds are not particularly attractive, and few are GBP-denominated (my preferred currency).  Saxo Singapore offers only around 500 funds.

11 hours ago, ThaiNotes said:

The banks' asset management companies typically only offer their own mutual funds.  If you use a full service broker you have access to the funds of around 19 different asset management companies in Thailand, including their FIFs.

Offshore brokers are pretty terrible for funds.  Interactive Brokers has offshore funds, but I'm not eligible to purchase any of them.  (I'm not American.)  Swissquote has a fairly wide range, around 20,000 funds, but the fees are high and the individual funds are not particularly attractive, and few are GBP-denominated (my preferred currency).  Saxo Singapore offers only around 500 funds.

With Bangkok Bank, many of their foreign asset funds simply hold shares of one other famous brand mutual fund - Fidelity, Legg-Mason, Wellington, Invesco. 

You get to pay the management fees of the branded fund, plus Bangkok Bank's management fee, plus Bangkok Bank's front and back loads. 

17 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

You get to pay the management fees of the branded fund, plus Bangkok Bank's management fee, plus Bangkok Bank's front and back loads. 

True.  But you're ignoring the fact that the fund fees are typically for an institutional class, so are less than a normal retail investor would pay.  Plus you don't have FX charges and inconvenience to worry about if your wealth is in THB (as the OP's is).

FIFs are not perfect, but then they're not disastrous, either.  For some people they're the right solution.