Ubc-true

Nickkbh

I am about to order true-ubc,or whatever....

One q though.

Can someone explain,how it's possible,to sit in the livingroom and watch one program,and in the bedroom watching something different?

Something about buying an extra box,but don't you need a card for that box....

Mai kow jai...

Thanks

Don't waste your money on true. Instead, Subscribe to the "fastest" internet connection your money can buy. Download through torrent sites.

I subscribe to True UBC, Platinum (everything) package. Sadly, what you state is not an exaggeration Tororoso.

Several times a day, I have to unplug and replug (reboot?) the UBC receiver just to watch TV. For no reason, the TV will just goes black and the only way to make it work again is to do the hard reboot.

As you mentioned, nearly everything I watch on True / UBC is available on the torrent sites.

I am so disgusted with the service that unless True takes drastic steps to improve, I will not be renewing my subscription at the end of the year. In my opinion, True UBC is a waste of my 2,100 baht every month.

Edited by Rice_King

Does anyone else also experience the problem of the onscreen programme listing not showing anything other than current programmes, thus making the reminder setting virtually useless? I've raised the issue with True a couple of times (about 5 months ago) and they said they were "working on it". It's even worse than it used to be.

but can anybody answer my q.

Yes. You will need two receivers (and cards) in order to "sit in the livingroom and watch one program,and in the bedroom watching something different."

if your watching sports on tv ((ubc/true etc)in the front room, who will be in the bedroom and what will they want to watch?

lets presume its a thai person in the bedroom, you might find its sophon cable they watch anyway, so best ask.

so if they say sophon ok for them in bedroom, now lets just think well maybe you now want to watch sports in the bedroom all you now need is a cable from said front room to bedroom.

If this hasnt helped at all its time to ask they guy who will be fitting your set, most sky time engineers around the world are full of good ideas if you know what i mean.

best o luck.

Can someone explain,how it's possible,to sit in the living room and watch one program,and in the bedroom watching something different?

If you want to watch two different programmes then you need 2 boxes and two cards.

The new service from Shin giving free access to the Thai channels, from Satellite may solve your problem,

alternatively look for a local cable service, as Fastfun suggested.

That is the way it works in my house.

UBC in the main room and cable in all rooms.

I also feed the UBC rf output back to the house distribution system, so that anyone

can watch what is on the UBC receiver.

Don't waste your money on true. Instead, Subscribe to the "fastest" internet connection your money can buy. Download through torrent sites.

I think this is really good advice.

I almost went for UBC until I started asking around, and almost everybody I talked to had complaints about it. The bottom line was that the service is generally poor and grossly overpriced, but what else would you expect when a company is given a monopoly?

ok lets face it , in isaan area no other options other then the local thai channels+english channels but thai dubbed..

If this is the case and u dont want to spend over 30K baht for sata lite dish and recievers and encoders and bla bla bla and mess with it (dont tell me that its that simple I talked with several people and everytime have a different problem..need to keep with technology and bullsdfljdf.. :o ).

so this is the best option ubc ,u have several packages and u can choose how much u want to pay and what channels is match for u ..

I did it and I'm happy with it (approximatly 1400B/month).

BUT- if u in the central (ie,bkk pattaya) have much more options and cheaper also..

Good luck.

Several times a day, I have to unplug and replug (reboot?) the UBC receiver just to watch TV. For no reason, the TV will just goes black and the only way to make it work again is to do the hard reboot.

Do you have the Topfield box? I had the same problems and complained to True and they came out and replaced the box. While I can no longer organize the channels as before, I now have absolutely no problem with the screen going black and having to reboot.

Do you have the Topfield box? I had the same problems and complained to True and they came out and replaced the box. While I can no longer organize the channels as before, I now have absolutely no problem with the screen going black and having to reboot.

Yes. The Topfield is the one I have. I have heard similar stories. I guess I need to call them to come out a swap it out.

Tell me, what do you mean when you say, "I can no longer organize the channels as before..."?

What is the name on your current receiver?

Thanks!

Edited by Rice_King

Can someone explain,how it's possible,to sit in the living room and watch one program,and in the bedroom watching something different?

If you want to watch two different programmes then you need 2 boxes and two cards.

Not really.. theres lost of smart boxes than can share many access points (STB's) through the master card.. Stuff like

http://www.satthai.tv/html/pro_wifi.php

Wifi_Reciever.jpg

Or look at other card sharing options.. You can look at dreamboxes and code sharing (with your own access card) in the same way.

Its a bit more advanced than usual but not too hard and works very well.

Yes. The Topfield is the one I have. I have heard similar stories. I guess I need to call them to come out a swap it out.

Tell me, what do you mean when you say, "I can no longer organize the channels as before..."?

What is the name on your current receiver?

Thanks!

I have the ABS 3Q76. The ABQ 3Q76 it the digital version. While with this box I can skip channels, I can't move all the like channels together. They have to remain in the order that True numbers them. For example, should I end up ordering the HBO package next month, with Topfield I could put all the HBO channels together. With my current box (which is much better), I have to stay with the channels 9, 17, 18 and 19, thus keeping the main HBO channel (9) separated from the rest. I checked with True, and this is the drawback of this box.

I hope this helps.