Chipper / shredder

djayz

Am looking for a small-ish chipper. Have found Kanto 6.5hp, 6cm, for THB 13,+++ on Lazada. The next biggest I can find is Kanto 15hp, 10cm for THB48,000. Was wondering is there anything in between? For example, 10hp, 10cm (or 8cm).

While the first one is exactly what I need now, I can't help but think that in the future it might be too small. The second option above is simply way too much beast for me now and in the future. I'm surprised there isn't anything in between. 

Depending what you will use it for, there are many hardwoods here that chippers can't handle easily. I have a 13 hp chipper that works reasonably well with soft wood like leuceana, moringa, sesbania. It's not fast, for smallish things like mulch to the weg garden it's OK. I very rarely use it, easier to just chop and drop around fruit trees.

My two stang's worth,this chopper is at our local shop ,the price was a sharp in take of breath,37000 baht, when I last asked 18 months ago it was 25-27000 baht.

It has a 3 hp electric  motor ,a bit under powered ,better off with a 5 hp Honda engine.

But,the knifes on it are good quality ,some cheaper choppers have very thin knifes ,that dull quickly or get chipped /twisted .

Around here used mainly for chopping Nappier grass for dairy cows ,some grass is well past its best feed value ,old and hard stems ,this thing cope's with it ok. 

20230201_123502.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kickstart said:

My two stang's worth,this chopper is at our local shop ,the price was a sharp in take of breath,37000 baht, when I last asked 18 months ago it was 25-27000 baht.

It has a 3 hp electric  motor ,a bit under powered ,better off with a 5 hp Honda engine.

But,the knifes on it are good quality ,some cheaper choppers have very thin knifes ,that dull quickly or get chipped /twisted .

Around here used mainly for chopping Nappier grass for dairy cows ,some grass is well past its best feed value ,old and hard stems ,this thing cope's with it ok. 

20230201_123502.jpg

Quite a bit of kit for 1100 USD.  But doesn't look like it could handle branches very well.  

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Elkski said:

Quite a bit of kit for 1100 USD.  But doesn't look like it could handle branches very well.  

No it would not handle  big branches ,as i said mainly for chopping grass, but it will handle small branches, 6 cm or 2 1/2 inches is a fair-sized branch,asI said I hope the knifes are up to the job ,ie not made in China.

As CLW said look at patipong.com,they do have some videos ,I have seen one at work, and one modal will handle branches.  

• Like 1