New ‘Superbug’ Strain of Gonorrhea Is Outsmarting Most Antibiotics

Social Media

A highly drug-resistant strain of gonorrhea has been detected in the U.S. for the first time, raising concerns among public-health officials about the scarcity of treatments and a future when gonorrhea could become untreatable.

The Massachusetts Department of Public Health said on Jan. 19 that it had detected two cases of a novel strain of gonorrhea that was more impervious to existing antibiotics than any other strain previously recorded in the U.S. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"The hatband is the most convenient place to store a catheter, after all"...... How could you possibly know that? Oh, wait, nevermind.

I used to read a lot about the social implications of VD when I was young. 

Can you even imagine how discomforting, not to mention inconvenient, it was for men to be compelled to self-catheterize any time they felt the need to void? 

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

When I was young, catching the clap was not much worse than catching a Rhinovirus, or a Rhinoceros,.. remember the film with John Wayne and Red Buttons? 

You might even say that testing positive for the clap was a badge of honor, when we were young. 

"You might even say that testing positive for the clap was a badge of honor"..... YOU might say that but count me out. Not interested in THAT badge. 

5 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"You might even say that testing positive for the clap was a badge of honor"..... YOU might say that but count me out. Not interested in THAT badge. 

These days are NOT like THOSE days, early 1970s. 

These days, for sure, VD is extremely hazardous to one's health. One would be a fool to take the risk. 

Why do you think I have been celibate for the past many years? 

Fortunately, I had enough in and out during a time when antibiotics were much more effective. 

I would not wish to be young, these days, an on the prowl. 

The only sure way to avoid VD is to just hold hands. 

Or, maybe, to just get a foot massage. 

The only risk in doing this is that, holding hands leads to the foot massage. And then, the foot massage leads to massaging of the thigh. 

And then, before you know it, the woman is atop, and it's... 

HI Ho, Silver... Away! 

This is why I never go for a massage. 

It's too risky. 

The problem is a lot of guys seem to think that unprotected oral sex is low risk, which it is for HIV but for chlamydia and gonorrhea it's high risk. This is compounded if you're getting your penis sucked by a commercial sex worker who sucks many other penises and so almost certainly has gonorrhea, chlamydia and many other bacteria and viruses in her/his throat. If you want to avoid untreatable clap you need to put the condom on before any penetration.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of monogimy and chastity, I can't understand how guys derive much pleasure when wearing safes. 

From my perspective, it's far better to not have a girl, half way, compared to not having her, at all. 

If I were to take the trouble to lie with Bathsheba, then I would want the entire experience. I would want to feel the moist warmth of her, deeply. 

Far better for me to just quit before I get started, rather than have latex between me and the object of my desire. 

11 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

The problem is a lot of guys seem to think that unprotected oral sex is low risk, which it is for HIV but for chlamydia and gonorrhea it's high risk. This is compounded if you're getting your penis sucked by a commercial sex worker who sucks many other penises and so almost certainly has gonorrhea, chlamydia and many other bacteria and viruses in her/his throat. If you want to avoid untreatable clap you need to put the condom on before any penetration.

You are 100% correct. 

This same thing happened to me in HK, around 1990. 

Worst case of the clap I had ever experienced. 

Dripping for days. 

I thought it would never end. 

I thought my faucet would never recover. 

I learned my lesson, that time. 

Never again. 

The clap is nothing to fool around with. 

We can never change basic human behavior. 

Also, sex is a natural drive. 

Therefore, I have recently been toying with the idea to set up my own chain of franchised hand-manipulation clinics manned by qualified nurses, both male and female. 

The way this type of franchise would work, is that anyone could just walk in with a doctor's prescription, and get relieved at a nominal cost, and using the most hygienic methods. 

With proper oversight, and with just a nominal fee, just one such clinic would be sufficient to milk thousands of clients each week. 

Such a clinic could be designed in such a way that it would be completely asexual in nature. 

In the future, as well, as AI tech improves, human nurses could be replaced by robotics. 

I would envision locating such clinics strategically in areas which are at high risk for STD transmission. 

The logic behind this is that, if clients are adequately milked, just like cows, once each day, everyone will be happier, down on the farm. 

Let's not be prudish about this need. 

Instead, clients can be milked, even daily, at a nominal cost, hygienically. 

A vaccine effective for preventing gonorrhea will materialize in the fairly near future. 

It's mostly a matter of will, and also investment of time and money and resources. 

But, on the other hand... 

Why spend money to develop a vaccine for gonorrhea? 

Is it not far more satisfying to see sinners get the drips? 

I have had the clap, several times, in the distant past.

But, many years ago, I noticed that the clap was getting worser and worser, and worser.

I finally wised up.

And, I stopped fooling around.

During the past thirty years, I have not had even one case of the clap.

My faucet never drips, now.

No more need to call the plumber.

These days, I go to sleep at night and dream of sex.

I wake up refreshed, after sleeping with many young girls in my sleep.

You might think that you would be safe with a dedicated partner, but this is not the case.

I once knew a woman whose husband gave her the clap.

She tried to off herself.

And then, after she was cured, she immediately mounted me, just to retaliate, and in retaliation against her husband.

Human sexuality is a very complex and terrible thing.

I have had enough of it, other than in my dreams.

Unless you believe in MIRACLES, then our Sexual Revolution will not last.

You Sex Machine.

You Sexxy Thing.

Ever increasing intimate contact between BILLIONs of People, over time, can only lead to transmission of new diseases.

Sooner or later, after pouring tons of antibiotics to combat existing STDs, then there will be, sooner or later, a Super Fly Bug which will dampen our sexual desires.

Please keep in mind that it has been an extremely short time since antibiotics have been used around the world.

Evolution is what it is.

Evolution has been with us for 4 billion years, here on Earth, and even longer in the Universe.

It's going to be us against them, our sex machine against the microbes, the bacteria, of our universe which are ever evolving...

image.thumb.jpeg.46823a3139de04fb062ed0107ab48d33.jpeg

What I worry about most is that "Some Government" might release some form of Andromeda-Strain-type Sexually Transmitted virus which might be targeted at one segment of the world population, and be transmitted through human sexual intercourse.

It is scenarios that keep me up at night, as they should, you, as well.

Until we get this sorted out, maybe best to wear a sheath, otherwise known as a "safe", in some places.

On 2/1/2023 at 4:43 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

When I was young, catching the clap was not much worse than catching a Rhinovirus, or a Rhinoceros,.. remember the film with John Wayne and Red Buttons? 

You might even say that testing positive for the clap was a badge of honor, when we were young. 

You must have lived in a very strange society.

The rumours of incurable clap have been around since at least the 1970s when I heard of it.

It's not just this that is a problem, as all diseases cured with antibiotics are probably becoming resistant, due to overuse and abuse of antibiotics. So far, I understand no effective alternatives are available.

On 2/1/2023 at 6:48 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

We can never change basic human behavior. 

Also, sex is a natural drive. 

Therefore, I have recently been toying with the idea to set up my own chain of franchised hand-manipulation clinics manned by qualified nurses, both male and female. 

The way this type of franchise would work, is that anyone could just walk in with a doctor's prescription, and get relieved at a nominal cost, and using the most hygienic methods. 

With proper oversight, and with just a nominal fee, just one such clinic would be sufficient to milk thousands of clients each week. 

Such a clinic could be designed in such a way that it would be completely asexual in nature. 

In the future, as well, as AI tech improves, human nurses could be replaced by robotics. 

I would envision locating such clinics strategically in areas which are at high risk for STD transmission. 

The logic behind this is that, if clients are adequately milked, just like cows, once each day, everyone will be happier, down on the farm. 

Let's not be prudish about this need. 

Instead, clients can be milked, even daily, at a nominal cost, hygienically. 

I would prefer a programmable sex android that I could own.