Flying From Bkk To Cnx

f18jock

Hey everyone, I'll be visiting Chiang Mai at the end of July. I need to buy plane tickets from BKK to CNX. I looked on Air Asia's website and their online prices are very reasonable. My question is are the prices buying them at the ticket agent at the airport close to the same price as the online price? Also, how busy are these routes, specifically are the flights ever sold out leading to the need to purchase tickets in advance?

Thanks in advance for the help.

air asia get more expensive the closer to the date you want to fly. i just flew with 1 2 go and they were great. i just bought a ticket at the airport in chiang mai for the return trip.

if you know your dates, just buy the ticket up front as you will be sure of not waiting around for a seat to become available.

nok air are also worth considering.

the good thing about 1-2-go is, they have a fixed fare, it is the same amount if u book 3 months in advance, or if u buy a ticket just 2 hours before departure at the airport.

airasia is getting more expensive the more seats have been sold for the specific flights. u must buy online at least 24 hours before departure time, otherwise u have to book through the call-center or buy at the airport (and that can get more and more expensive as soon as one booking class is sold out.... means, u call them from home and when u arrive at the airport to buy the ticket there, it can be the price has already gone up to the next, more expensive, booking class.

NOK can usually be booked online for the next day, this means , if u wanna fly early in the morning, u usually still can book online the evening before....

now, as AirAsia is still operating from the "Cobra Swamp" - Airport, while NOK and 1-2-go moved back to Don Mueang, its not as convenient as before to just show up at the airport and shop around....

* IF I can book far in advance: I take Air Asia, cheapest by far, down to around 1100-1200 baht

* IF it's closer to departure: I take Nok Air, because I like them a little better and close to departure the prices are similar

* IF I'm on an international connection I fly Thai Air.

1-2-Go I avoid like the $*(#&$ plague.

Worth noting that Thai Airways have a special fare of 1750bhat from Suvarnabhumi. Limited number of seats per flight. I just turned up at the airport a couple of weeks ago expecting to pay ~2500bht, so i was pleasantly surprised ! I haven't seen reference to this offer elsewhere but i'm told that it is available for bookings over the phone and the web as well. My fave low cost airline is Nok Air but they've moved back to Don Muang.

* IF I can book far in advance: I take Air Asia, cheapest by far, down to around 1100-1200 baht

* IF it's closer to departure: I take Nok Air, because I like them a little better and close to departure the prices are similar

* IF I'm on an international connection I fly Thai Air.

1-2-Go I avoid like the $*(#&$ plague.

If anything my experience of 12GO has been good, I've had worse experiences flying with Air Asia (I know this is the luck of the draw)

NOK

12GO

Air Asia

Above based on past experiences