800k method

As Dr Jack54 stated above.  Below is a partial snapshot of the immigration rule. 

Note: where it shows THB 400,00 for the lowest amount during the extension year that is a typo....it's missing a zero.....suppose to say 400,000

image.png.d42e9459c230b0287ded995388bd3799.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

Thanks for the info, I'm changing to the 65k method in October so wanted too make sure of the rules.

If you are changing from the money in bank method to income method, I suggest that you maintain the 800k till date of application and start the 65k transfers 2 months prior to application. 

That would have you covered for both methods at time of application. 

I assume you do not have income letter from your embassy. 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you are changing from the money in bank method to income method, I suggest that you maintain the 800k till date of application and start the 65k transfers 2 months prior to application. 

That would have you covered for both methods at time of application. 

I assume you do not have income letter from your embassy. 

If switching to the 65000 method have to show 12 months of transfers when doing the extension, just went through this in December, Rayong Immigration

36 minutes ago, flexomike said:

If switching to the 65000 method have to show 12 months of transfers when doing the extension, just went through this in December, Rayong Immigration

Interesting.

Knew that was the case for first extension from a non O  without income letter.

So you needed to show 12 months of transfers even if changing from money in bank method to income method.

So at Rayong you maintained the funds in bank for the previous 12 months and also made 12 months of monthly transfers?

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

Thanks for the info, I'm changing to the 65k method in October so wanted too make sure of the rules.

I'm I correct in thinking using that method you have to have I year of monthly deposits ? you could also do this method money in bank topped up with monthly income.

IMG_1418a.jpg.8736494012a3e0066441350fdc51b61d.jpg

20 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Yes in Phuket you have to show 12 deposits into your account, need to show Bank book plus all usual paperwork.

• Like 1

so all the dodgy visa services that put 800 k in your account make a copy of bank book for immigration then take it out the next day...if u get a visa using these people what happens if your immigration/agent get busted....could your visa be cancelled as you knowingly broke the rules?

from what i have observed at jomtiem immigration and listening to expats brag about how their agent did it all for little over $1000 usd "bribe" as well as a few recent crackdowns on immigration corruption it seems risky to me...how hard is it for immigration to ask to see bank book with $$ there as required and blame the applicant if skirted the rules?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

t must be paid back 2 months before renewal, is this correct?

This is a photo that I took a few days ago from immigration desk. But I can not verify if this is the rule of every immigration office. 
800,000 3 months before and after renewal date (even though it writes 2 months before).
but to be safe I prefer to leave the 800,000 till 3 months after extension expiration date.  

2CFCA917-B5B4-4A7B-9456-E0B59737EC20.jpeg

Edited by The Theory

19 minutes ago, The Theory said:

but to be safe I prefer to leave the 800,000 till 3 months after extension expiration date.  

It's 2 months prior to application.

Which immigration office.

The notice also refers to age restrictions. 

Outdated. 

Also not related to extension expiry date.

The 2 months prior to and for 3 months after refers to date of application for extension. 

Edited by DrJack54