Can a Thai child have water and electric bills in their name?

ubonr1971

4 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

Seems like an odd thing to do, unless you have problems with your wife? 

Or perhaps the poster is thinking that water/electricity etc., bills MUST be in the name of the owner as shown on the back of the chanut, and yes it is possible that the owner could be child not yet reached maturity. 

1 minute ago, Black Ops said:

Generally, and of course there are exceptions, but it goes in the name of the house leader stated in the Tabien Baan.

Maybe, what about when the property has been rented.  When I owned a rental home on Jomtien the agent always arranged for water/electric/ i'net/ phone bills to be opend in the name of the tenant. 

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

Maybe, what about when the property has been rented.  When I owned a rental home on Jomtien the agent always arranged for water/electric/ i'net/ phone bills to be opend in the name of the tenant. 

"and of course there are exceptions" thats why I said i.t

31 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You need permission to build a house on the land first, then water will be provided and electric after inspection.

I didnt know that. So one has to submit plans and have the approval. After this, one can apply for utilities ie before the house is built?

2 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

I didnt know that. So one has to submit plans and have the approval. After this, one can apply for utilities ie before the house is built?

Not in our province you can't, house first so you have an address for the 2 govt suppliers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scorecard said:

Or perhaps the poster is thinking that water/electricity etc., bills MUST be in the name of the owner as shown on the back of the chanut, and yes it is possible that the owner could be child not yet reached maturity. 

Thai law clearly states minors are not allowed into debt.

So the answer to the OP appears to be NO.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As some OP’s have said the utility bills electric, phone land line type, TV cable, water all need to been in the name of the owner of the house (if not rented with a contract). But strange things do happen here. All of the utility bills are in my wife’s name only, with the exception of the water bill, has always cams in my name only and has for the last 32 years. Why I do not know. We have the house build on her land that was purchased 5 years before we came to Thailand. It was ready in less than two weeks after we arrived. Telephone was in her sister’s name as back then there was a waiting list for phone service. Electric and TV cable wife’s name but the water in my name and still is, just for info. 

21 hours ago, Black Ops said:

Generally, and of course there are exceptions, but it goes in the name of the house leader stated in the Tabien Baan.

That's correct. However, for electric bill you can get a temporary meter on a higher rate – I had that during my house-construction – until you have a house with a house book. I don't know about public water.

15 hours ago, khunPer said:

That's correct. However, for electric bill you can get a temporary meter on a higher rate – I had that during my house-construction – until you have a house with a house book. I don't know about public water.

Yes, that is correct. They told us that as well... put up temporary poles and connection. They said cannot put in childs name for sure. Only adult

Water authority said it can be put in childs name...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CharlieKo said:
On 2/16/2023 at 10:27 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Seems like an odd (and irrelevant) comment to make unless you have problems with prying.

So why did you reply to an irrelevant comment. Sort of makes your comment just as irrelevant!

My pointing out the irrelevancy of your prying question does not make my comment irrelevant.