Multiple entry NON-O London

5 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Around about this time last year I found a London embassy web page listing fees, with a fee of £150 for a non-O ME visa.  So I basically 'played around' with my eVisa application until I found the ME option.  Same this year.  I can't remember the details of how I did it - it was basically 'click through everything until I find what I want'.  I think there are more than a few mistakes in the system - e.g. I think the health insurance for the tourist and Non-O is a reference to requiremeNt for cover for Covid, which was dropped some time ago.

I thought the insurance requirement was maybe in connection with applications for the "Non O type A visa" I remember it asking for 40,000 in patient and 400,000 out patient cover which I think is the minimum required if applying for a "Non O type A"      I don't recall any mention of covid cover, However you may be right,and the system unsurprisingly is far from perfect

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I thought the insurance requirement was maybe in connection with applications for the "Non O type A visa" I remember it asking for 40,000 in patient and 400,000 out patient cover which I think is the minimum required if applying for a "Non O type A"      I don't recall any mention of covid cover, However you may be right,and the system unsurprisingly is far from perfect

Non-imm O in Australia definitely asks for health insurance 400k baht/40k baht so would assume UK the same. As Aus only gives single entry 90 day, no problem. Since UK give 12 months multi assume assurance would be required for 12 months, just like O-A?

6 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

To answer your question > During the 'covid pandemic' period, many folks that were staying in Thailand on a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa (the large majority for reason of marriage), were unable - due to the quarantaine and lockdown mandates - to do their border-bounce after they had used up their in-country 30-day extensions and 60-day family-reason extensions.  

And so they had no choice - if not wanting to leave Thailand - but to apply at an Immigration Office for a 1-year extension based on that original ME Non Imm O Visa.

But some of them were then confronted with the inconsistency in how Thai Imm Offices interpret the rules.  In some Imm Offices it was no problem to do so when you met the financial requirements for your 1-year Extension of stay application.  But there were also several Imm Offices that were not so diligent, forcing those ME Non Imm O Visa holders to temporary relocate to a different province to get their 1-year extension application approved or to make use of a 'fixer' Visa agent that could arrange it for them. 

So yes, it should be possible but it would be recommended to enquire at your local Imm Office whether they allow it and if so whether they impose any additional requirements when going that route.

Thanks for the advice , no surprise at all regarding the inconsistencies between the various offices, I will certainly ask next time I am at immigration,  they are normally pretty easy going at Kap Choeng (Surin) at least they were last time I had reason to visit them ,

Was the non O multiple entry not included in the covid extensions that were rolled out back then?    I could only get a single entry tourist visa at that time but I was here for nearly a year with covid extensions.

That might be worth taking note of in the unlikely event that covid resurfaces to any significant degree.

A friend at that time changed to  a non O Business visa and was most disappointed when he was unable to get a covid extension 

13 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Non-imm O in Australia definitely asks for health insurance 400k baht/40k baht so would assume UK the same. As Aus only gives single entry 90 day, no problem. Since UK give 12 months multi assume assurance would be required for 12 months, just like O-A?

Sorry but not correct,   read my earlier post , I was specifically told by the embassy to disregard the insurance requirement if applying for a multiple entry non O , 

The M.E  non O  visa  does not actually give permission to stay for 12 months  , (that is a non o type A)

It allows multiple entries, each of which allows a 90 day maximum stay The visa itself is valid for a year and with careful use it can enable one to stay here for 15 months

This is a perfect example of the inconsistencies that exist between various embassies / countries

It is all actually very confusing . I just checked the uk Thai embassy website (visa and consular services section) and it is quite specific that only single entry non o visas are available   However when applying for a Non O on the e visa website ( just made a partial application and cancelled it)  the option for a multiple entry non O is clearly offered

I have attached a couple of screen shots which may help below, the first is from the UK Thai  embassy's website and the second is from the e visa application website 

People from other countries should make their own enquiries with their own  embassies you may be pleasantly surprised, as I was  

2023-05-03 (2).png

2023-05-03 (1).png

• Like 1

The previously mentioned e-mail maybe there is a subtle difference between Stay with family  and Stay with wife for the non-O ME. but if it is back on for non-o ME retirement as well that would be useful for my father. 

My 2018 & early 2019 issue non-O ME visas were good as leaves the option of going  for a city break in the region with ease.

I used to always plan my flights well in advance, and my border runs were back to the UK for between 8 and 35 days

I had Travel insurance with unlimited 92 day trips from UK. I enquired  additionally about a  moderate Thai Health insurance, but the broker said he could not sell me one in all honesty, as the T&Cs had a clause that you had to be in Thailand 180 days or more in the previous 12 months!

I've never managed more than 75 days in Thailand , without having to go back to the UK for something. The higher airfares make that a bit nippy now perhaps.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Will be applying for a 1 year multi non o visa in a few days from London. 

My question is 

Last year I applied for a single non o and received it but had a problem with  the money side of things, 

Then they asked for £10000 but was a misprint so I sent them a copy of  my savings account with  £12000 ,they emailed me and said they  want to see my every day bank account with £1000 and my bills for every month.

So do I need the £10000 in my savings account or transfer to regular account. 

Thanks kelvin.