Entertainment And Activities

CHINGER1970

Hi

Been here in Hua Hin approx 8 days now so still finding my way around.

I have found the Go Cart Track and the ATV Centre toward Cha Am. Jet Skis' obviously on the beach.

I do not play Golf and have no interest in the Red Light Area.

What is their to do during the day and early evening?

Been bowling and visited Tesco for the food etc. Films are in Thai, so this is not a venue.

Hi

I do not play Golf and have no interest in the Red Light Area.

Good grief ,is there a red light area in Hua Hin ?

Afternoon tea in the gardens of the Sofitel ,with Earl Gray !

:o Wiley Coyote

Hear no evil, see no evil...maybe you're not such a wiley coyote after all.

Chinger, I'll try to merge this thread with your earlier one on the same subject.

Please don't rent the jet skis, or at least stay 50 meters from any swimming area. I almost got killed by one.

It's not as if Hua Hin is chock full of entertainment activities. You can walk to Kao Takiab, go up the mountain (don't touch the monkeys, and don't touch the monks if you're female). Plenty of restaurants and shops, obviously. You can take a day trip or guided tour to the old palace near Petchaburi.

u can take up some sailing ....go check it out at Anantara hotel

(dont ask me what type of sailing....I cant explain it in English...but yes have been told theres different types...)

check for yourself if it interests you :o

ohh and you can volunteer at the HuaHin Dog Rescue Centre. Contact November Rain for info on that.

Try reading a good book.

I overnighted in Hua Hin last week on the drive down to Samui and was bored within an hour of getting there, at least until the Hilton Hotel pub got lively. Thank god for that place even if it does seem to be unpopular with quite a few of the local expats.

Try reading a good book.

I overnighted in Hua Hin last week on the drive down to Samui and was bored within an hour of getting there, at least until the Hilton Hotel pub got lively. Thank god for that place even if it does seem to be unpopular with quite a few of the local expats.

I really don't get that attitude to HH. Sure, it's not Pattaya (Thank the Lord!), but it's not some little one shack town in Nakhon Nowhere, either. How can you be bored in only one night? Where did you go to be that bored? The mind boggles. :D

However, the fact that you think the Hilton pub is the best thing here says a lot about your expectations & your attention span. :o:D

Sorry, OP. I can't give you any suggestions of what to do in the day (unless you want to take up MiG's suggestion & help us out). I don't do anything leisure-wise. I don't have leisure time. :D Have you visited the surrounding area? Pala U, Sam Roi Yod, Kao Tao etc?

Try reading a good book.

I really don't get that attitude to HH. Sure, it's not Pattaya (Thank the Lord!), but it's not some little one shack town in Nakhon Nowhere, either. How can you be bored in only one night? Where did you go to be that bored? The mind boggles. :D

However, the fact that you think the Hilton pub is the best thing here says a lot about your expectations & your attention span. :o:D

Sorry, OP. I can't give you any suggestions of what to do in the day (unless you want to take up MiG's suggestion & help us out). I don't do anything leisure-wise. I don't have leisure time. :D Have you visited the surrounding area? Pala U, Sam Roi Yod, Kao Tao etc?

It's been 24 hours since last post in HH forum, it was the post above mine. For 24 hrs not a saussage has trespassed through here.

That's an another indication how lively it can get in HH. Or is it so mad there that people have no time to sit and post on the board?

Before someone says "they have their own forum, huahinafterdark" I can say there are dozens if not hundreds of Pattaya forums and one on this board gets more action than many others whole boards combined. And no bar girls discussions here.

Try reading a good book.

It was my 3rd time in Hua Hin and I arrived at nightime and after checking in my hotel just wanted to head out for something to eat and a few beers. Got to the main bar and restaurant area around Poonsuk and Bintaban about 10.30pm and tried 3 restaurants only to be told they stopped serving food before finding a small place that would re-open their kitchen. As usual I found the bars to be very lifeless, I usually walk around the main bar area of a place until I see somewhere I like the look of but find if I do this in Hua Hin I just end up walking in a circle never finding a bar that looks like a good time might be had - and I'm not talking about a good time with bar girls specifically as I had my GF with me although I couldnt care less if a bar has hostesses or not just aslong as it's fun to be at.

On my 1st vist to the place I sat at a bar in the main area and 2 old Farangs played 'The Power Of Love' by Jennifer Rush on the hi fi over and over again for about 30 mins. This really set the tone for my impression of the place.

On past visits I've been to the temple with all the monkeys which was ok and I've been to the Kings pallace up towards Cha Am which was interesting but apart from that seems like there is not much else in town for a guy like me. Maybe when I'm old and retired and just want a quiet life I'll think differently. I just think that somebody who goes to Hua Hin for a 2 week holliday after reading what certain writers say about it will be very disapointed. Especially with the beach which is imho opinion very poor.

BTW, before anyone says if I dislike the place why keep going back the reason I went there this time is because it makes a convenient place to stop overnight on the drive from Pattaya - Samui/Don Sak. On the way back up I carried on driving even though I could barely see and overnighted at Petchaburi.

I just think that somebody who goes to Hua Hin for a 2 week holliday after reading what certain writers say about it will be very disapointed. Especially with the beach which is imho opinion very poor.

A British couple, just married, in late 20s was staying at the Marriott where we were. They got a deal (they thought) and got a "pay 2 stay 3 weeks" package. They had no idea it was a rock bottom season (October) and that any hour without rain is a blessing.

We drove them around (that place with monkeys is Khao Takiab), view point, palace, Cha-am for cycling...

We did not go out with them at night (our baby was 6 months then) but it was obvious they were getting bored.

On our last day they asked us for a final favor: to take them with us to BKK, they tried to break the contract and get a refund but failed. They were simply abandoning the boredom of 2 remaining weeks paid stay at the Marriott for the thills of Khao Sarn road, flew to Phuket, Koh Samui...

Edited by think_too_mut

Hua Hin is not for everybody, nowhere is. I love it now that I have a wife and child and live a bit outside of town. When I was single there six years ago I did get frightfully bored sometimes. My wife and I were just having lunch in a beautiful restaurant in BKK an hour ago and we both admitted we missed Hua Hin and our home. She'll return tomorrow with son and nanny. Daddy is off in a small plane to Sakhon Nakhon, Udon, Khon Kaen and back on Monday.

I really like the way Hua Hin is growing. I hope the pace keeps up as there is more to do and infrastructure just keeps getting better. As to downsides like traffic or parking, we live outside town. We go when we choose to.

Yes, Hua Hin is a BORING place. :o Nothing to do here. We just sit around and count the cows walking by and the out of town license plates. Other downsides- you cant even see the air you're breathing. It takes too long to decide what to eat everyday- Isaan food, Thai food, seafood, Islam food, Italian, French, Japanese, British or good old hamburgers. You have to drive at least 15 minutes to really be in the country. And once the sun goes behind the mountains (boring, really boring sunsets every night) all the heat of the day goes away. And the beaches- nothing to compare with those fun crowded places, thats for sure. 5 minutes from the main beach you ca n walk without having to dodge anyone- wheres the fun in that??? Oh, and way too much green- trees, grass, bushes everywhere. So for thrills head to Khao San, NaNa, Pattaya, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui, Koh Samet.

Seriously, the downside to living here, is that so many people are suddenly vacationing and living here. But thats all covered in other threads.....

Yes, Hua Hin is a BORING place. :o Nothing to do here. We just sit around and count the cows walking by and the out of town license plates. Other downsides- you cant even see the air you're breathing. It takes too long to decide what to eat everyday- Isaan food, Thai food, seafood, Islam food, Italian, French, Japanese, British or good old hamburgers. You have to drive at least 15 minutes to really be in the country. And once the sun goes behind the mountains (boring, really boring sunsets every night) all the heat of the day goes away. And the beaches- nothing to compare with those fun crowded places, thats for sure. 5 minutes from the main beach you ca n walk without having to dodge anyone- wheres the fun in that??? Oh, and way too much green- trees, grass, bushes everywhere. So for thrills head to Khao San, NaNa, Pattaya, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui, Koh Samet.

Seriously, the downside to living here, is that so many people are suddenly vacationing and living here. But thats all covered in other threads.....

Good post! :D

Good points!

No wonder I like it there!

Hua Hin is not for everybody

It's actually quite the opposite: Hua Hin is for everybody.

In terms of movies/shows rating: General Viewing. That can be interesting like Discovery Channel programs but....people on 1 week holiday or once in lifetime 2 weks in Thailand would rather go for more restrictive ratings and juicier shows.

Edited by think_too_mut

I think visitors might get bored after a bit but there is plenty to do and alot of people like to live there. It has high property values and in my opinion infrastructure is lagging for the growth that has taken place. Its a pain sometimes to get downtown on the busy weekends during the daytime and early evening with the road congestion, a motorbike does make it easier, it can really get gridlocked with cars and trucks. But seriously, the other forum (local) does cover HH better.