Pattaya Teenage Motorcyclist Crashes into Foreign Pedestrian

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

A young motorcyclist crashed into a foreign pedestrian on Pattaya Beach Road a little past midnight on Saturday, March 4th.

The unidentified youngster was only about 15-18 years old, Sawang Boriboon rescuers who came to his aid told The Pattaya News yesterday morning. The accident took place on Pattaya Beach Road in front of Soi 13 in the Nongprue sub-district of Banglamung district.

The Thai teenager suffered injuries and was transported to a nearby hospital along with another unnamed foreign pedestrian whom the teenager had rammed into. The foreigner of unknown nationality sustained head and facial injuries. The teenager’s grey Vespa was found at the scene with slight damage.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/03/05/pattaya-teenage-motorcyclist-crashes-into-foreign-pedestrian/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-03-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

4 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Hope the foreigner has a lot of insurance to pay the hospital bills in the bike deal that was slightly damaged TIT

He will likely be paying nothing! In fact, if the foreigner had been able to be questioned, he may have been made liable for the Thai kids hospital bill and bike damages. If actually under 15, the kid cannot be liable anyhow. Many may think this is xenophobic of me, but I have known it happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If it's the kids fault I'd make the his family pay the hospital bills

Anyone but kids hitting a pedestrian are at fault!

Edited by ChrisY1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Are juvenile riders covered by the meagre motorbike insurance that the family probably do not have?

Well it is unlikely they have a licence so I might expect insurance not to be valid.... but I am sure I have heard instances where they did when a kid caused an accident.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Are juvenile riders covered by the meagre motorbike insurance that the family probably do not have?

The OP says he was between 15 & 18 so MAYBE he had a licence, and/or insurance.

23 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The OP says he was between 15 & 18 so MAYBE he had a licence, and/or insurance.

Possible and since he was driving 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The teenager’s grey Vespa

suggests there is money somewhere..........

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If it's the kids fault I'd make the his family pay the hospital bills

did you miss the bit which stated that the pedestrian was a "foreigner" ?

The accident could not happen unless the foreigner was in Thailand, remember?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 8:51 AM, jacko45k said:

Well it is unlikely they have a licence so I might expect insurance not to be valid.... but I am sure I have heard instances where they did when a kid caused an accident.

My Thai wife's niece lives in a small village in Buriram,  aged 11 on the way to School riding a Honda Wave, collides with a truck, ( her fault), insurance paid out,  bodily damage, & little damage to the truck.... family said its the bike's that's insured..!!!