Poland may be forced to 'enter the war' in Ukraine, ambassador says

Social Media

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agreed, but I wonder if Poland enters voluntarily if NATO would be forced to also enter. As I see it NATO is a defensive organisation, not a war making organisation.

As long as Russia didn't take the bait and attack Poland itself, it may be possible for NATO to stay out of it.

IMO it's rather sad that any country is so eager to sacrifice the lives of it's young men.

As usual war is between young men and civilians ( collateral damage ) while the politicians sit safely miles and miles behind the lines.

Yet President Zelensky often travels to the front line in the Ukraine to support and encourage his Ukrainian troops.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65036208

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has returned to the front line near Bakhmut where fighting has raged for months.

The devastated city has long been a focal point of the war as Russian forces try to revive their military campaign in the east.

His visit came as Russian forces launched a series of strikes on Ukrainian cities.

While President Zelensky condemned Russia's "bestial" attacks on civilians, he also visited the eastern front line, where Ukrainian forces have held Russia at bay for more than seven months. He last visited the area in December.

Footage released by the President's office showed him in an old industrial warehouse giving medals to battle-weary soldiers. "I am honoured to be here today," he told servicemen, "in the east of our country, in Donbas, and to award our heroes, to thank you, to shake your hands."

There is more info in the link.

President Zelensky often does this, compared to Putin who despite the overwhelming Russian numbers, has yet to set foot near the front lines.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You make a valid point about who decides we fight the wars and who comes home in body bags

On 3/25/2023 at 7:06 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

As usual war is between young men and civilians ( collateral damage ) while the politicians sit safely miles and miles behind the lines.

Then along comes someone that wants to take exception, as if visiting the troops is like fighting in a war.

19 hours ago, billd766 said:

Yet President Zelensky often travels to the front line in the Ukraine to support and encourage his Ukrainian troops.

I agree, why care about visitors. They are there to promote and prolong the conflict - not to save lives. In fact, I loathe each and every one of them.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's not like I care if either visits anywhere near the front line...

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

President Zelensky often does this, compared to Putin who despite the overwhelming Russian numbers, has yet to set foot near the front lines.

Errr, did you miss this the other day?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/3/19/russia-ukraine-live-putin-makes-surprise-trip-to

Russia-Ukraine updates: Putin makes surprise trip to Mariupol

It's not like I care if either visits anywhere near the front line, but one should get one's facts right when making a statement, shouldn't one?

You are correct and it is my bad. :sorry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2023 at 6:17 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/3/19/russia-ukraine-live-putin-makes-surprise-trip-to

It's not like I care if either visits anywhere near the front line, but one should get one's facts right when making a statement, shouldn't one?

On 3/26/2023 at 6:17 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes one should.

Mariupol is about 50 miles from the front lines, which is just outside of the range of Ukraine's HIMARS or M270 systems.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/mariupol-strikes-raise-questions-about-possible-new-ukrainian-long-range-weapons

• Like 1