Thai Farang Relationships

RueFang

I met my thai wife in Oslo, Norway almost 5 years ago, she was visiting her sister. It just "clicked" when we met, she couldn't speak any english and I couldn't speak any thai so it was difficult in the beginning, but love and the good feeling doesn't need many words. After 4 years in Norway we are now living in southern Thailand. We are doing great so it seems that we also won in the lottery. :o

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put on that CD "What's Love got to do, gotta do with it?

What's love gotta do gotta do with it? IT"S A SECOND HAND EMOTION.....etc.

Farangs want SEX and Thai Women want MONEY!

Get Real........

Do you know someone who doesn't want sex or money? :o

I came over looking for a wife. After six live ins, I had given up. I had known my now wife for quite some time but there wasn't anything romantic about our friendship. Besides that, she wouldn't go out with me. When guys asked her out, she had a pat answer for them. She always told them that I was her boyfriend. One thing led to another and now she is my wife. Anyone who thinks all Thai women are subservient has never met my wife. She is very strong willed and is not shy to tell me when she thinks I am wrong. I am a crotchety old fart and usually have it coming. That said, she gets it off her chest and five minutes later she is back to her normal smiling self. There was never a hot torrid relationship but she must be the right one for me because I have no desire for any other woman. She is NOT the jealous type at all. I simply wouldn't be able to handle a clinging jealous woman. I think a lot of farangs want a trophy wife and frequently marry a very young woman. I really don't think a woman knows what she wants until she is well over 30 years old. My wife is 39 and I am 62. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. When I hit 55 years old, all I knew then was that I wanted to retire. Life is good.

This is a challenge, since there is great difference between western & Thai mentality regarding love & relationships, particularly when it comes to a Thai woman & Farang man getting together. If you can get around the language problems & money issues, you may have some basis to form a more solid partnership with a lady. From my experience, after 3 years in LOS, the meddling & greedy relatives are likely the # one problem. I have seen many ladies being manipulated and orchestrated by thier families for the sole purpose of snagging a Farang, who they think is a quick route to riches. The lady is often just going along with thier agenda. on the other hand, if she has some education, a job, speaks some passable English, & has some degree of independance from controling family members, the odds are much better for an honest relationship based on mutual attraction. For me, the prospects of finding a good relationship are much better in LOS than back home, where I would have to deal with a whole different set of problems.

My marriage to a lovely Thai lady was destroyed by her grasping controlling mother.

Several other relationships have gone down due to problems with Children and Families.

Now I have two loving Dogs. They never want me to send Bones to their relations........Love 'em to bits!

This is a challenge, since there is great difference between western & Thai mentality regarding love & relationships, particularly when it comes to a Thai woman & Farang man getting together. If you can get around the language problems & money issues, you may have some basis to form a more solid partnership with a lady. From my experience, after 3 years in LOS, the meddling & greedy relatives are likely the # one problem. I have seen many ladies being manipulated and orchestrated by thier families for the sole purpose of snagging a Farang, who they think is a quick route to riches. The lady is often just going along with thier agenda. on the other hand, if she has some education, a job, speaks some passable English, & has some degree of independance from controling family members, the odds are much better for an honest relationship based on mutual attraction. For me, the prospects of finding a good relationship are much better in LOS than back home, where I would have to deal with a whole different set of problems.

That's a good point but I think the family meddling is MUCH more common with younger women. Since I knew my wife for some time before we got serious, we had a lot of time to talk about those problems. We paid no Sin Sot and she does not give her family money except for special occasions and then it is not a lot of money. As with most Thai families she is very close to them. My wife and the rest of the children plant the rice on their parents farm and that's where her parents get their money. For about the past ten days my wife has come home dragging from working in the fields. In spite of that hard back breaking work, my wife comes home about noon and cooks for me. I AM capable of cooking for myself but she insists that she must take care of her husband.

My Thai gf and I have been together for 10 years, not married... For her in the beginning it was about the money. She was going to college and needed the funds. In about six months she fell totally in love, not sure why but perhaps I am a stud, ha ha. For me, I kept playing around with other girls for years ( she knew ) until I finally decided she was the one. I then fell in love with her, she's great ! There has been ups and downs but most are because of me. Perhaps she could do better ?

We lived in Bangkok and then pattaya but are now up country. It's a great change from Pattya but the family is always causing problems. Mostly the brothers taking advantage of my gf. I go a little crazy sometimes and they stay away for a while but sure enough they always come back for more. If they would just go away I think we could live happly ever after...

I wasn't looking for a relationship when I met my wife. She was just someone that I enjoyed spending time with but it grew from there. I was actually intending to ordain as a monk before meeting her. I have had quite a few relationships with women from the west and they were great and there isn't one who I regret being with. I never thought I would get married and never thought I would be a father but now it seems so natural. I would still love my wife no matter what nationality she was (except Welsh......Ok, maybe Welsh if she changed her accent :o ). I didn't come to Thailand for the women but there is one woman that is one reason I stay.

For about the past ten days my wife has come home dragging from working in the fields. In spite of that hard back breaking work, my wife comes home about noon and cooks for me. I AM capable of cooking for myself but she insists that she must take care of her husband.

Could be that your cooking is unpalatable, but don't you ever feel like insisting she takes a rest and sits down to a lunch you have prepared ?

I was not planning to ever get married again until I accidentally met a girl that had everything and more that I had ever admired in a woman. She was extremely beautiful, wonderful personality, happy disposition, great sense of humor, sexy, smart, highly educated and very literate in English, financially independent and very high moral values . It was just incidental to me that was living in Thailand and happened to be Thai.

I consider myself one the happiest and luckiest guys in the world to have married her. She brings nothing but sunshine and happiness into every day of my life. You can add me to that list of the biggest lottery winners. :o

Out of the thousands and thousands of farang men with Thai women, married or girlfriends, how many (not literally) are really in love? It's just that there's sooo many male farang with Thai partners (compared to farang women with Thai men) that is it a case of the men wanting to be looked after in ways that foreign women don't or something else? I'm genuinely interested, not asking to get negative feedback. I also don't pass judgement on Thai/farang relationships...each to their own...just inquisitive :D

Maybe their is a degree of wanting a woman who was more happy to be traditionally (for want of a better word) female?.........but like some others on this thread, I do appear to have kinda lucked out on that one :o ........but I did not travel to Thailand in search of a wife (an extended stopover enroute to an extended holiday in NZ, easily could have been Sing or HK)...........

"Love"? for me for sure, albeit not of the 17 yo type.......her? yes, I believe so - otherwise I really do not think that she would have placed her trust in me so completely as she has.......which does freak me out :D .........last trip after we were married she explained in her usual apparent casual style and whilst in the middle of some mundane task and in a matter of fact manner that whilst before we were married she had placed her trust in me completely, now she was happier (in my usual Farang way I thought fair enuf, it's always good to "Know" stuff, but better to also have it in writing!).......but then she freaked me out by simply stating that if she died now that she would be happy because she now knows someone truly believes in her. I still struggle to accept that I did that for her.........of course soon afterwards she carried on doing the washing up! :D (BTW I did always offer on stiff like this, but she likes things done in a certain way! and I can often see her trying to bite her tongue if I do start doing something that she wants to do / can do better / properly!!!........plus she does simply like doing things for me.......something I still now and again struggle to accept (but I am getting better at accepting!)...........but one thing I have learnt in Thailand is that warm words and good intentions only go so far, cash will get you a bit further but many things come down to showing what you think or feel by your actions).

BTW, just to clarify (pre-empt??!!) the hope and intention on both sides is that when she finally hits Farangland she does hold down a full time job and that she does not also get to do the household stuff!! (I have no problem with a someone having a wife who is happy to be at home - but just not for me or her).

Finally, I keep hearing about these "Mail Order" brides (which seems to always be implied is a "bad thing") - how does that work?

there is no big difference between thai and farang women except their incomes.

you always hear guys talking about how sweet eastern european women are... its because they have less options, it means they are more likely to be a better gf to you

trust me, leo decaprio's girl friends cook and clean just as good as your thai gf does.

western women, and singaporean women, have lots of options and they dont need a man to provide for them, only to give them a big O... that means plenty of guys are unwanted... in thailand, more women want them and will treat them better.

tell your thai wife you are broke and see how sweet she is then.

srry, this is the way of human nature... deal with it.

you always hear guys talking about how sweet eastern european women are... its because they have less options, it means they are more likely to be a better gf to you

trust me, leo decaprio's girl friends cook and clean just as good as your thai gf does.

western women, and singaporean women, have lots of options and they dont need a man to provide for them, only to give them a big O... that means plenty of guys are unwanted... in thailand, more women want them and will treat them better.

Tell ANY woman you are broke and see what happens. :o

yes, its like if she told you she doesnt want to have sex anymore.

Last time I told my wife I was broke she handed me her bank card.

There are those out there who may be so devoid of redeeming qualities that money is all they have to offer. They like to talk about how it is the same for everyone in the desperate hope that they aren't quite so unpallatable to women as life seems to be indicating. (deal with that)

The sooner they stop thinking of women as a commodity the sooner that will start to change.

Edited by cdnvic

Guess I'm another lucky one. Enjoy being with her and she makes me laugh every day. As for seeing how long she hangs around when the money's gone? I'm in the process of starting up a company and have everything invested in it and the missus is keeping us going, she has her own company, no sign of being kicked out yet.

:o

Just put on that CD "What's Love got to do, gotta do with it?

What's love gotta do gotta do with it? IT"S A SECOND HAND EMOTION.....etc.

Farangs want SEX and Thai Women want MONEY!

Get Real........

Do you know someone who doesn't want sex or money? :o

cemetries are full of em :D

There are those out there who may be so devoid of redeeming qualities that money is all they have to offer. They like to talk about how it is the same for everyone in the desperate hope that they aren't quite so unpallatable to women as life seems to be indicating. (deal with that)

The sooner they stop thinking of women as a commodity the sooner that will start to change.

Have you ever noticed that western women seem to generalize about western men marrying Asian women. It's usually their opinion that the Asian women are gold diggers and that's the only reason that they marry western men. Unfortunately that's true in some cases but certainly not all. My best friend is still working in the US. He has been divorced for more than 25 years. He joined an online dating club for a while. He was quite irritated because the women he contacted wanted to know where he worked, what his profession was, what kind of house he OWNED, what kind of car he drove and lastly what he was like. He told me that it was like filling out a mortgage application.

Your views on women are a bit scary. People are very complex and not as shallow and one-dimensional as you potray. Perhaps you should be asking yourself wht you view women this way?

Well, if she's anything like me, in my past relationships, you'll get your beer etc bought for you until you're solvent again.

Mind you, that only applies to guys who have a decent opinion of women, in the first place. It does not apply to anyone who thinks in the above way. :D

Have you ever noticed that western women seem to generalize about western men marrying Asian women. It's usually their opinion that the Asian women are gold diggers and that's the only reason that they marry western men. Unfortunately that's true in some cases but certainly not all. My best friend is still working in the US. He has been divorced for more than 25 years. He joined an online dating club for a while. He was quite irritated because the women he contacted wanted to know where he worked, what his profession was, what kind of house he OWNED, what kind of car he drove and lastly what he was like. He told me that it was like filling out a mortgage application.

Which Western women have said that on this thread? The 2 members you've quoted are male, AFAIK.