Moving - How early can I register my car?

7 minutes ago, hellohello said:

Sorry, my bad.  I meant how many months early?  I don't want to drive 500k in the next year.

Go into the local DLT office where you are going to live, they will help. 

2 hours ago, hellohello said:

Sorry, my bad.  I meant how many months early?  I don't want to drive 500k in the next year.

Just repeating from above.

Inspection, tax, insurance can be done everywhere in Thailand.

Not bound to residence or sign plate.

Millions of Bangkok registered vehicles drive around the country. Heaven helps it they all have to drive to Bangkok anually!

Don't bother.

Move and then go to "yellow cogwheel" workshop and let them take care.

(of course you can do it all your own but just saves you some 1xx or 2xx Baht)

Edited by KhunBENQ

9 hours ago, hellohello said:

How early can we register and pay annual tax/ safety check?

11 months from last tax/registration. At any DLT office. Usually there is a shop for checking/insurance cars near by any DLT. 
Or just find an agency that does the work and save yourself a long drive. 

Where the car is registered is irrelevant. For example a car can be purchased from a dealer in Bangkok and registered in Bangkok but the car might be used up in Isaan.  You do not need to re-register if you move province.

Annual car tax can be paid at DLT offices, at post offices, at some 7-11 and at vehicle safety inspection stations. There are also some service counters in shopping malls (e.g. some Big C and some Central etc - you will need to make enquiries locally). Some dealerships will also do it for you - e.g. at 12 monthly services. You can pay tax up to 90 days prior to expiry.

You need car registration document, proof of insurance and ID. If the car is 7+ years old you also need the inspection certificate.

Additionally there is now the facility to renew online. You need to give an address for them to send the receipt to. They claim a 5-day processing time.

https://eservice.dlt.go.th/

Edited by HauptmannUK