Updates For Old 98 & 98se

RKASA

:o If you rebuild an old 98 or 98se sys and don't think you can get the updates and patch I have a windows site that still works. Don't use the reg. update links they will tell you it not supported goto

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.ASP

works just like the reg. iupdate site I got 21 sec. updates 2 service packs and 45 software patch today and the 98 mech is back on line. Kyle

:o If you rebuild an old 98 or 98se sys and don't think you can get the updates and patch I have a windows site that still works. Don't use the reg. update links they will tell you it not supported goto

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.ASP

works just like the reg. iupdate site I got 21 sec. updates 2 service packs and 45 software patch today and the 98 mech is back on line. Kyle

But it says that Windows Thai is a nogo.

Thanks anyways Kyle. I was pretty excited, but when I tried it I got exactly the same Windows Update does not support the Thai version (along with about 9 other versions) window that I have gotten since 2002. And BTW this is with a legal windows 98. Oh well. Nice try.

Thanks anyways Kyle. I was pretty excited, but when I tried it I got exactly the same Windows Update does not support the Thai version (along with about 9 other versions) window that I have gotten since 2002. And BTW this is with a legal windows 98. Oh well. Nice try.

Yea I am not using the thai version but I have an old 98se thai disk that naver got used. It took awhile to fine any archive of working updates for the old 98 box, and its two old and slow to update to other OS maybe some linux.