Tourist visa for Egypt for Thai citizen

Rsteeltje

• 2 weeks later...

My Thai wife and I visited Egypt last year, at least from her research, she was required to go to the embassy in BKK in person. That may have changed now, I dunno. However, they took FOREVER to grant the visa (2 months+) and they only issued it after she went back there in person and raised a stink as we were supposed to leave the following day, after which they took about 10 minutes to issue it. So make sure you get the visa taken care of as early as possible.

Edited by clokwise

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 4:09 PM, clokwise said:

My Thai wife and I visited Egypt last year, at least from her research, she was required to go to the embassy in BKK in person. That may have changed now, I dunno. However, they took FOREVER to grant the visa (2 months+) and they only issued it after she went back there in person and raised a stink as we were supposed to leave the following day, after which they took about 10 minutes to issue it. So make sure you get the visa taken care of as early as possible.

Hi Clokwise,

Starvisa wanted THB 13,000 to apply for the visa so I flew to BKK and went to the embassy myself. They allowed me to apply on my wife's behalf.

They said it will take 4 weeks.

I brought:

Visa request form with pic.

travel itinerary

flight details

wife's passport + 2 copies of detail page

copy of my passport

bankbook + copy

Marriage certificate (Thai and English translation)

There is no website to help you, I was just lucky to bring the right docs.

Let's see..