Most Cost-effective Way To Call To The West

Trevor

When I use my 1-2-Call mobile to call UK they charge an extortionate rate of at least Baht 70 per minute.

Pre-paid "Story Asia" phonecards (ex-UK) work out around Baht 30 per minute from a mobile.

http://www.uk66.com/Merchant2/agent.mv?AG=...=GDY&P=StAsia20

Are there any cheaper pre-paid calling cards in Thailand which can be used with local mobile phones?

When I use my 1-2-Call mobile to call UK they charge an extortionate rate of at least Baht 70 per minute.

Pre-paid "Story Asia" phonecards (ex-UK) work out around Baht 30 per minute from a mobile.

http://www.uk66.com/Merchant2/agent.mv?AG=...=GDY&P=StAsia20

Are there any cheaper pre-paid calling cards in Thailand which can be used with local mobile phones?

For the past month or so it has been about 9 baht/minute calling to the US on DTAC prepaid cards and AIS "gsm advance" subscriptions. Apparently this is due to a CAT long-distance promotion and I'm not sure how much longer it will last. An AIS representative suggested at least another month or two. Also not sure how much the toll to the UK would differ...

i use united world telecom

its 17 pence or 13Baht per min. to the UK

you sign up on line then give them the mobile or landline number thet you will call from.

when you want to make a call you ring a number that they give you for about 2 rings then stop the call (no charge so far)

they now ring you back and ask you to dial a number followed by the number you want to call.

quite easy and low cost.

calles are billed to your credit card

edd :o

• 11 months later...
Using 1 to call, dial 009 44 etc. for UK. Works out about 7 baht per min. even when you're calling a mobile.

Same as calling to Australia. Works out at about 7 baht per min when dialing 009 61 etc.

Cant beat that. Used it a few times this week and what a difference it makes. :o

I have in the past used the Hatari prepaid calling card.They have 6baht a minute to 29 countries including the US and UK. this of course was using a regular landline(home or condo phone)it can also be used with a hand phone but I am not sure if other charges apply?I am sure the handphone has charges.Can be bought at all 7/11's and come in 300 or 500 baht price.

Hatari Phonenet cards as Divndave said above are the go for 6 baht/min - NO additional charges if calling from your mobile (just use the free phone number supplied on the back of the card as opposed to the Bangkok numbers which local call rates apply to)...