Thai man implants magnets into his fingers for 40 years to win at Hi-Lo

snoop1130

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did the doctor ask the patient for permission to publish this information?

Obviously people should not cheat when they gamble. But even if they do that that doesn't give any doctor the right to publish this info without permission.

Likely violate the Personal Data Act if published without permission.

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"DailyNews explained that the cheating device implants works by connecting to another hidden magnet in the dice. The magnet is strong enough to turn the dice over".

All dice I see I can see through...pretty hard to hide a magnet in them.

Methinks the doctor is rubbing one out with 30 Seconds of fame let alone get into the patient confidentiality thing.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, wombat said:

get into the patient confidentiality thing.

Yes, let's get into that thing...what patient confidentiality ethic do you know that the doctor has  breached?  Was the patient identified or did the report only show pictures of anonymous fingers?

17 hours ago, bignok said:

Took him 40 years to save up for a plane ticket so he must have only used it sparingly.

And if the AMD did alarm at the airport security point he could have easily said he had surgery years before and had metal implants in his finger tips.

Idiot.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

And if the AMD did alarm at the airport security point he could have easily said he had surgery years before and had metal implants in his finger tips.

Idiot.

Yes, show the medical papers.

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did the doctor ask the patient for permission to publish this information?

Obviously people should not cheat when they gamble. But even if they do that that doesn't give any doctor the right to publish this info without permission.

I think you'll find it's been all over the news, the TV news had it on earlier.

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

I think you'll find it's been all over the news, the TV news had it on earlier.

And? Who put it there?

I would be surprised is the guy with the magnets posted it.

And if the doctor published it without permission, then I hope he will be prosecuted.

Otherwise, next I go to Nana and then see a doctor and suddenly I see a picture of a body part published... 

6 hours ago, wombat said:

All dice I see I can see through...pretty hard to hide a magnet in them.

My guess is that the ones referred to in the OP with embedded magnets are not see through.  I could be wrong but I'm also guessing that you haven't seen every dice used in Hi-Lo, including these magnetic dice!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 hours ago, bignok said:

Yes, show the medical papers.

From many years ago just say papers, what papers, they wouldn't bother even asking.

Wave the hand held metal detector over the fingers and say there you go... 

I saw this guy on a Thai news show years ago explaining how it worked, pretty amazing--in a bad way, and not sure why so many Thais--especially the women, fall into the trap of these gambling dens. The info is out there, in Thai!

I've known several friends wives who've gotten cheated out of houses/cars/motorcycles/money by these kinds of thieves. Greed is an ugly thing!

One of my neighbor's wife kept showing us big wads of cash she was winning. I told my wife, "Just wait, it'll all be gone one day." Sure enough about six months later their 4 million baht house was owned by the mafia, on a 400k baht debt. They offered to sell it back to him for 4 million...........he doesn't live there any more.

Basically they let you win small amounts--to them, big to the women, then when they're hooked they start ramping up the stakes, next thing you know your house deed is on the table.